Monday, September 5, 2022

Monday September 5, 2022 No Shadow Day

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday September 5, 2022

Saturday night I decided to order an extra large meat-lover's pizza from the people that want to buy our house.  When the dad came to deliver it, I showed off the patio roof in progress.  He was impressed, and probably thankful when I explained why...  The pizza was good but doesn't hold a candle to Power Pizza in Tulua.  They do deliver though!

Sunday morning was a little exciting as we exited for our walk because Orange Dog was at our street dog feeders outside as intended.  I got our 4 dogs away and on our way to let Orange Dog get some good food and water.  We came across 4 motorcycles, 1 car and one staggering drunk on this walk.

Cristina saw that the florist's Chihuahua (or Mini-Pin, I can't tell them apart) was crying down the block and nobody was home to let him in.  Naturally we had him all morning in the front room whining, until the florist returned from working at the cemetery at noon.

And the water was off almost all day while Cristina went into Tulua.

I think that I finally managed to kill the annoying Autocorrect on our WhatsApp which is always trying to change Spanish words to English.

We got away late for our walk this morning as I slept in an hour.  There were a lot of people getting ready for work at that hour but at least the house dogs were relatively quiet.

The 4 co-pilots and I drove Cristina into Tulua again.  She and Claudia have had a falling out here so she is helping her sister a lot at the Zoonisis refuge.

Just before noon, I put that tall dirty stool out in the sun on the grass to distinctly show that NO SHADOW DAY has indeed arrived here.  2 days a year we have this phenomenon as the sun moves to its equinoxes north and south.  Of course, it is on its way to the Equator and further south at this time.

Shadow directly below

x 3

x 2

As I write this Carlos and Bolivar have just shown up as promised "Monday afternoon" which doesn't leave a whole lot of time to get much done when there are only 2 hours of daylight left.  It will probably be the end of the week before it gets finished....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Pink and White Rose

Rosebuds P+W

A partial view of the patio work

Plantains

Golden Silk Spider




Mona, Grigi and Nina2

Buddy

NeNe