Saturday, August 6, 2022

Saturday August 6, 2022 Safety

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday August 6, 2022

I tried checking real estate online in our province here last night for anything close to what we have, and struck out completely.  Selling this house for a bargain price is just silly and we can't move until we find something for less price, as I keep reminding my lovely wife.

The walk at 4am was followed by a little rain around 6am.  I t had rained a bit the night before too.

$1 USD = 4341 pesos today...  Not budging much from this area...  It was closer to 2,500 pesos 4 years ago so the devaluation has sure hurt the deposit we have in the bank.  And prices keep increasing here too.  Haven't heard much of anything that the new leftist President is doing...

I made lunch, my favourite, fried hamburger and onions with mashed potatoes and butter.  I was in heaven briefly,... until the plate was bare.

Little Sofia came over to visit again with Cristina and they went to put some live flowers on Christian's grave, using the Chappy for transportation.  Then I am sure that they have gone for an ice cream treat.

I busied myself with processing more photos for sale.  I must have spent a good hour on one alone, farting around with the background, screwing that up and changing it to basic black finally, and it looks great!

During this pandemic it is a good thing that I am a homebody with few friends here.  I don't want to get too complacent about that, the way my wife, with only one vaccination, runs around without a mask almost all the time.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Favourite lunch for me......

Tom Thumb in the late afternoon light

Rio with her necklace showing.

Tom again