Monday, August 1, 2022

Monday August 1, 2022 SalvoConducto

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday August 1, 2022

The walk did take place this morning with the 4 regulars mainly because I did not sleep well, worrying about today, so it was a tad shorter than usual and we went back to bed for more rest.

I was up before 8am, planning to leave around 11am for Migracion in Pereira.  I trimmed my beard and cut my hair to the nubs.  I had more emails from Migracion and had sent them to Luz Dary to see if we needed to bring anything else.  She didn't respond until around 11am that we were good to go, so we got away late at 11:30am.  It is basically an hour to the outskirts and 45 minutes in the city to travel, with 2 toll booths.

I wanted the extra time to make a fast pit-stop at PriceSmart for a couple of things, and we ended up spending $182.40 USD with $1 = 4277 pesos today.  We had bypassed the lunch counter because of the lineups and went after there again after we cleared the checkout.  We ordered what we thought would be quick and they told us it would take 10 minutes.  Well, we had to leave in 15 minutes!!  So it took 5 minutes to get a refund and get another order that we wolfed down, putting us late.

Then Waze wanted to send me in circles around Migracion's office so I ignored it and found street parking 2 blocks away.  Then the fun began again....

The guys in the office said that we needed some email from Migracion to enable us to get the travel document (good for a lousy 30 days) SalvoConducto which is necessary for the processing of the Visa....  I kept my cool and pleaded with them, and then Luz Dary sent me the email that we needed.  I then had to email it to the guy's work email.  When they printed the SalvoConducto and handed it to us, I think you could hear my relief for blocks....

Then we headed to Luz Dary's office to let her copy the SalvoConducto which she has now sent to Bogota and she expects the Visa to be approved next week.  I am not holding my breath because Migracion in Pereira was giving me the gears about having to leave the country in 24 days if the Visa doesn't appear....  The amount of money spent on this Visa process is out of hand already.

And, once we get the Visa, we have to go to Pereira, or Cali, to get the new identity card, the cedula within 2 weeks.   14 months of this BS already and I already have very little hair left to pull out...

We stopped to pick up empanadas and fried potato patties for supper on the way into town.  Too pooped to do anything else.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Lovely highway north to Cartago

Coming back, looking at the Coastal Cordillera

and again, through the sugar cane

This is by BugaLaGrande

Stopping for supper, nobody felt like cooking..