Thursday, February 17, 2022

Thursday February 17, 2022 Relief

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday February 17, 2022

The rain overnight was quick but welcome.  It was fairly wet for our walk this morning so it must have seriously helped the plant life.

RedBubble cancelled on me 7 times this morning as I was not even trying to upload any new work today.  They are just so frustrating, wasting my time when I had important things to tackle.

So,... How do you spell RELIEF??????  And no it is not FART this time!  I tried to get as good a sleep as possible to be wide awake enough to understand replies today because this was critical to my well-being to travel.

First, I sent my triple Covid Vaccination document to Government certified translators here who confirmed that is shows an English translation right on the document and that it is acceptable in all countries!  Whew!  Was I ever SO happy to receive that.

Second, I checked other Government sources for entry into Canada and, once I get my antigen test done Feb 28 I can complete the mandatory ArriveCan information online for presentation at the airport.  Hopefully there will be no glitches for that except specifying a Quarantine plan....  Any ideas??

Third, I checked the WestJet website and it does not appear that they only need the Colombian Vaccination document as well and no other prior PCR or Antigen tests.  I am presently trying to re-confirm all this with their Customer Service via their Facebook page.  Seven hours later and still no response.  Is it any wonder that their customer service is taking a severe pounding by unsatisfied customers who get cut off after phoning in because things cannot be accomplished online.  I have always loved WestJet, proudly owned by employees, fall from grace so quickly.  It is very sad that Covid has turned the world upside down.

I misread the timing for the Canadian women's hockey Gold Medal final against the USA which I would dearly have enjoyed watching!  The write-ups say that the Canuck girls outplayed the Americans throughout this early morning, had a goal disallowed, were up 3-0, before the Americans pulled their goalie with 3 minutes to go and scored twice to make it sound closer than it really was.  Congrats to all those brave ladies for salvaging some respect for our winter sports teams.  

I am exhausted from all the messaging today..  I have got more contact info from a few people as well.

Too busy today online.  No pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.