Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday February 20, 2022 Prep 2

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday February 20, 2022

It is odd that I knew it was Sunday during my walk this morning but then thought it was Monday the rest of the day, causing me to get ahead of some of my planning.

After my nap, I actually got my Centrum50 tablets organized, replaced my travel toothbrush, organized my pants for traveling, and picked the old shoes that I will wear.... 

This was all before stepping out with Cristina to go to Tulua and Dollar City to try to find a shoehorn, along with some plastic bags to individualize and anti-wrinkle the garments for packing.  We didn't find either, despite asking at every shoe store as well, but got some good 2.00 reading glasses for traveling and more junk we don't need....  So I will use bags we have at home to wrap garments and make my own shoehorn from a plastic piece in the recycle....

Then we each had a quick sandwich and drink, with a small bag of Doritos for lunch at Subway for under $4 USD total.

Then we went to pick up Ana Julia to make her monthly or bi-monthly run to pick up her Government stipend.  She seems to get slower and weaker every time now, poor old gal...  My Mom was way quicker at age 99.

We stopped at D-Uno on the way home to get supplies of milk and sausage for the quick dog snacks when we don't cook for them.

I managed to call Visa quite easily to warn them about my upcoming trip because I don't need hassles or delays coming from a rejected transaction while traveling.  They assured me that I will have no problems so we cross our fingers....

I also contacted a few friends and relatives to get updated address and phone numbers.

Then I made a few signs to use if forced to hitchhike.  It is better to be prepared for unfortunate eventualities.

The photos below were done in PhotoShop and used the Luminar plug-in so it seems my response for the permanent free trial is working???  I also used an HDR filter on all 3 for a different look.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Pink and white roses

Peach roses

Multi-coloured rose