Thursday, February 10, 2022

Thursday February 10, 2022 Asus

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday February 10, 2022

The heavy rain last night affected the route of our walk this morning.  I am wearing sandals, not hip waders...

I had not had a good sleep last night with active dogs, pee breaks, and acid reflux which I enjoy so very much.  Then my mind got rolling on how to set up a mobile home company here and what would be involved...  Silly, but I could not stop going over all the ramifications.  If a person could source the materials cheaply here, I think it could be a very viable business.

And we had no water all morning and into early afternoon.

RedBubble did its crashing again today but again I managed to save both uploads so maybe I have figured out the process.

I downloaded a new VPN program after my old one shut me down in the middle of the third period of the women's hockey game the other night.  I tried UrbanVPN on the men's game against Germany this morning and it worked superbly once I figured it out.  Our men won 5-1 quite handily, which is surprising because they haven't really played together until today.

So I finally went into the 4-72 Office here, which is the Colombian Post Office according to a sign on the wall, and brought the right paperwork and picked up the Asus laptop that had been languishing in a drawer in Ontario for almost 2 years.  It arrived unscathed thanks to the careful packing by my sister Yvette.  My main worry was that the battery was naturally depleted over that period of inactivity and it was a toss-up whether it would even charge up again....  But, I needn't have worried as it charged right up to 100% over a couple of hours as I prepared it for the next trip to Canada in 19 days....

Cris was in Tulua getting her hair done today.

Cheap-O-Air notified me of changes to my flights by Copa but luckily, so far, we have heard nothing from WestJet who have reportedly cancelled about 20% of their flights lately.  I notice that travelers coming this way don't need PCR tests any more....  Oh I sure hope that requirement goes away for me too.

We just had another nice afternoon quick dump of rain.  I never mind those lovely bursts of moisture.

I think it will be an early night fore this tired boy.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Work on the drainage ditches

I just stabbed the camera to the side window and shot..

A very welcome sight at the Post Office

This bush is flowering again

A second bud opening too

The pink & white is also coming along

Powering up the laptop.. Whew!!

A nice dump of rain