Friday, February 4, 2022

Friday February 4, 2022 Health/Laptop

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday February 4, 2022

Last night I watched Rio Lobo on YouTube and then My Fair Lady that I hd downloaded.  How can a person not love Audrey Hepburn...

The night was frustrating as Killer decided to bark every half hour starting at 2am.  Propping him in front of his food and water apparently wasn't enough attention this morning.  There were stars in a partly clear sky at 2am but not during our 4:30am walk.

I then rushed through chores (RedBubble dropped again but I saved both) to be ready to leave around 7am to go get my medical examination results... 

As I turned the corner to go out of town to BugaLaGrande I felt that I almost hit a woman sweeping the street in front of her house and shockingly realized too late that it was the murderer of our son...  I went around the block but she was already back on her sidewalk and there were lots of pedestrians around.  I hurriedly took the first 3 bad pics below of her in my side mirror.  Karma is coming for her, I swear it.

Then I get to the EPS office and they tell me I need to return after 11am because the nurses were busy doing the early morning blood tests etc.  Grrrrr

I had arranged to see Igor after this so I picked him up in Tulua and we went to the place that supplies the quick Covid Antigen tests and also the PCR tests required for flying.  Today he only wanted a cheap 50,000 peso Antigen test to show that he is now negative so that he doesn't waste his 260,000 pesos on the more stringent PCR test tomorrow that takes a day to get the results.  So I enquired about the timing for me and it turns out that they are open 7:30am on Sunday Feb 27 for the PCR test, which I can pick up the results on Monday at noon.  Hopefully this will all run smoothly.

So then I returned home again, continuously dodging the sugar cane trains of 4 and 5 trailers which seem to be an epidemic in this area.  I had a quick nap and then returned to the EPS office at 11am and got my results.  I did not bother getting a doctor's appointment for someone to explain what I can plainly read.  The good news is that I am overall healthy although my white blood cel count is just below the norm, but I know what to do, and eat, to fix that.  So that made me happy.

Cristina was dealing with a beggar at the door when a cube van stopped and a man from 4-72 delivery (new to me) came with documents for the laptop and instructions.  I went for another short nap after lunch and then went to the local bank to pay the 10,000 peso tax to allow delivery of the laptop later.  Then the fun was going on their website and send the documentation proof of the payment, copies of our identity cards, etc.  It took 4 tries but I finally got it to accept everything.  So hopefully the laptop will finally get here soon, considering that Canada Post guaranteed 14-day delivery on Jan 4...........

The pixellated movies appear to work on the computer so I guess that is where they will be viewed.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The wicked stepmother lives 2 blocks away

This is the one who poisoned Christian

Karma will get her because local law won't

4-trailer Sugar Cane Train

5 trailers here

and 5 more here

We have 2 of these burnt rosebuds not opening