Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday February 11, 2022 Hockey

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

****** #2605

Friday February 11, 2022

I had thought (wrongly) that I had heard rain during the night so I did not stir until about 6am, then it was a run against time to accomplish as much as I could in a planned busy morning...

RedBubble crashed at an unusual time because I was getting cocky with my safety procedures but I did manage to get both uploads done.  The crashes just waste my time.

The Canadian women were playing Sweden in Olympic Hockey at 8:10am and I had a bit of trouble figuring the new VPN program so I ended up deleting and re-installing it.  I think that I have it figured out now..  We'll find out tonight.

The game was a bit of an easy blowout as the Canadians far outmuscled the Swedes, except for one tough cookie I think was named Johansson.  She took no guff in front of the net.  First period it was 4-0.  At that intermission I did a quick poop patrol, swept the bedroom, and cut my hair!  Second period was 9-0 and at intermission I shaved and showered.  Third period, with the Swedes playing better, ending only 11-0.  Go Canada Go!

I slipped out to hurriedly cut Victor Hugo's bushy hair!  Boy!  Does that kid ever have a thick thatch of "pelo" (pronounced Pay-low, your Spanish lesson of the day).

Then I returned, picked up Cristina and we first stopped for cash then hit Andaluz market and spent a bunch there, mostly on birdseed.  Some of the veggies were good there, so we grabbed those.  Then we went to the next block to the new fruit and veggie store Fruver (Frutas y Verduras) run by her ex-in-law relatives and got the rest.  Then it was another stop at D-Uno for snacks for us and the dogs and cat.

When we returned, I fried up pork chops while Cris made french fries for lunch.  Everybody, including the 12 dogs had a bit of a feast.

I spotted Tom Thumb while outside trying to get photos but he stayed away, maybe because of too many dogs roaming around.  Several rosebuds from 4 different bushes are trying to bloom so this could get interesting.  I processed some of the photos practising with the new Luminar 4 software plug-in but I have a lot to learn yet.  I can say that I am pleased with today's results and they will only get better.  It takes more time, but a striking result is always our quest.

Tonight, the Canadian men take on the USA in their biggest test of the Olympic tournament.  The Canadians looked surprisingly sharp against Germany even though they have had so little time together.  They were playing super cohesively as a team so we hope that bodes well against the tough American squad.  Thank God for VPN usage, and the CBC for carrying all the games.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

One multi-colored rosebud

and a second

The bougainvilleas are amazing

Looks like a peach rosebud

And this a pink and white

Nina, Turi and Dary

LOVE my Turi!

Violeta wants to play all the time

Do-it-yourself OJ from IKEA, lol.