Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Wednesday February 16, 2022 Kitten/Dog

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday February 16, 2022

The walk this morning was satisfying for an odd reason, lol.  We encounter many of the same people heading off to work on many mornings at the same time and today one motorcyclist acknowledged me by nodding and putting on his headlight because I remind him with hand signals almost every morning, lol.  It gave me a large smile to see that we make a small difference.  The full moon was doing its best to peek through the heavy cloud.

I tried to test the laptop's battery life after being idle for 2 years.  I am happy to report that I seem to have about the same 2 hours (poor) like before.

At 8:30am I went to watch our Canadian men's hockey team play Sweden in the quarter final game.  0-0 through 2 periods was not good as Canada was roundly outplayed and eventually gave up an errant pass for a breakaway goal very late in the game.  Then they pulled our great goalie with 2 minutes left and immediately give up an empty net goal.  And... it definitely wasn't a sparkling Olympic day watching also our Canadian women's curling team play terribly and gas the game 11-9 to CHINA with the hammer in the extra end!!  Hats off to the Chinese ladies who played extremely well and deserved to beat the hapless Canadians.

I slipped out to try to pick up toiletries 100 ml or less for traveling.   I got some stuff I don't really like, like Gillette shave cream, but choices are limited.

I am beginning to panic now as I realize all the crazy documentation I will need to travel, like a translation for my Vaccination Certificate.  It is quite obvious what it says, even to a non-Spanish speaker, but a translation by a "certified translator" is necessary.   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Then Cristina had to go into Tulua to help with an adoption for Adiela again.  Adoptions are important so I hold my tongue.  My co-piolots and I are just the transport service.

Our little kitten is eating and drinking up a storm so she is definitely out of the woods.  She is just so darn adorable and I think I will call her Sweetie (Switi in Spanish).

Our newest rescue dog is possibly pregnant and in need of being spayed so that is a chore for tomorrow to transport her to BugaLaGrande, not too far away.  We finally coaxed Bushy into the back yard and now she doesn't want to leave the patio but is always attentive when I am around.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Our little Switi

Peach rose opening

Pink/white rose #1

Pink/white rose #2

and more

Bushy likes the patio

A bad shot of Tom Thumb