Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thursday February 24, 2022 Sadness

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday February 24, 2022

The walk this morning was happy because we saw the old black dog Amigo again.  He wasn't moving too quickly and actually came quite close to us but shied away at the last second.  It is refreshing to see that he is still around.

RedBubble is still the same pain-in-the-a$$ every day but I manage to save my uploads.  Fine Art America just dies every few days mid-upload and I have to start over but they are not so bad.

Cristina drafted me to make a tasty omelette this noon, using bacon, onions and mushrooms.  It was very tasty even though I accidentally used too much lemon pepper.

I did a quick poop pickup and trimmed the plantains.  I am not sure if Daniel is actually going to show up tomorrow to cut the lawn or not.  I decided to put some ant poison around my plants and, of course, that triggered a heavy rain that even came through the roof and ceiling a bit.

We are having the Huellas vet crew for lunch again tomorrow, ostensibly for all the free, or cheap, help Claudia and us get from them.  Cristina was cleaning house from top to bottom as a result...

I slowly am preparing things for the trip, not hurrying because I want things in order.  Today I tackled my phone list and "people to see" list which is rather lengthy.  That got me to actually check a few phone numbers for people that I know have moved or the like.

In that process I checked my old sweet landlady in Calgary, Jean Ranaghan.  When her number was not in service I checked for an obituary and sadly found one for November 2020.  Jean was a willing ear and soundingboard, always cheerful and positive, and I am so very sad to discover this news.  I am in the process of contacting her son Peter who lived in the same block.

https://www.evanjstrong.com/obituary/Jean-Ranaghan

Negro's inflammation is going down so he may be back soon where he is happiest, on the street where he has many doors that open to him.  He really doesn't like that big cone around his head and is unconsciously destructive with it, actually tipping over the Chappy motorbike as well.

I expect that Bushy will be going to the Animal Park tonight or tomorrow to await her litter of 5 puppies.  Honestly 13 dogs in the house is just too many.

I hope you enjoy the pictures (backwards).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

 

Grigi+Nina.  NeNe behind.

Princesa

Turi

Not many Golden Silk Spiders left here.

Pink & white roses

Peach rose

Peach rose

Tasty omelette

begins with smoked bacon, onions, mushrooms.....