Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday February 18, 2022 Readiness

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday February 18, 2022

The walk was almost 1/2 hour late because I was up late watching a dearly filmed romance series from Korea on NetFlix called "Crash Landing On You", see https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10850932/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0  It is a comedy/drama that is sweet as heck and I almost hate to admit that I am really liking it.

Before 9am a nice, steady rain began and continued for over 3 hours but, surprisingly, and thankfully, we have no lake that formed, meaning the water was absobed well.  The flowers are loving it as several bushes are blooming.

While it was raining I slipped out alone, expecting less people in the street, and picked up veggies to last until I leave.  And I picked up an antiseptic cream for traveling as well.  When I arrived back home I finished assembling my toiletries and pills, but just realized that I forgot my Centrum pills which are so darn big that I think I will just buy some on arrival.

I spent most of the day using my new Luminar program to adjust some photos upcoming for upload.  This may just be a free trial (I do my best to avoid those) although I thought they said it would be permanent if I followed the procedure they laid out, which I thought I did...  I got a warning that the free trial was about to expire so we will see if it happens.  It is a nice program but they make it so expensive and nebulous as to what is being offered in their different options.

Bushy is enjoying the patio but avoids the bed we laid out for her.  She prefers a protected spot on the cool concrete.  When I go out, she follows me everywhere, looking for attention, and finally followed me into the house again to garner more attention which makes the others jealous, so I pet a lot of dogs....

Hopefully things are coming together for the trip but I still have not heard back from WestJet which is disappointing.  Soon I will start getting the few clothes that I can take in the backpack.  My biggest concern at the moment is the trip to the bus station and then the airport.  Apparently they don't have the comfortable buseta any more, just taxis where I may be crammed in with others and I would avoid that.  Maybe I will go have a look myself some morning so I won't have any surprises.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

A welcome rain

Bushy in her protected spot

Rain

Rain

Blooming

More

Bougainvillea

Peach rose opening

A peach rose opened

Pink and white too

and more on the way