Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Wednesday August 5, 2020 Patience


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday August 5, 2020
Yesterday our microwave quit again...  It is amazing how accustomed I am to using a microwave without thinking.  I got my first huge Litton McLary unit in 1973, 47 years ago.  I laugh at the crazies who still think that microwave ovens are dangerous.
Aram contacted me this morning for another favor, to take him and Liliana to the Bancolombia in BugaLaGrande.  Of course, there is a huge line-up and we get back more than 2 hours later...
We killed some time by shopping at the store where our lawn guy, Leonel, works as security/doorman.   He is to let us know when he can come to cut the grass again.
The ladies get talking and decide they need to go exchange shoes at Decada in Tulua.  Since I am going in to take the microwave for repair anyway, I foolishly agree.  We get there at 3, I ask how long you will be, and they say one hour.  Over 2 hours later we finally get them out of there with new dresses and shoes of course.  Colombianas have no concept of time, especially wasting someone else's.  It is one of my major pet peeves about Latin America, the me first, screw you attitude.
Aram delivered each of us a delicious hamburger as compensation tonight for supper.  I sure do miss a good hamburger.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


BugaLaGrande church

Dray wagons are common

Simon Bolivar in the central square

Leonel at his day job

Statue on the church

And another