Saturday, August 29, 2020

Saturday August 29, 2020 PriceSmart


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday August 29, 2020
Hindsight is a great thing, isn't it..!!   I didn't sleep well but plowed through the day anyway.
When asked to go to PriceSmart, I didn't really want to, but I had been thinking of the few nice things available there, so I did give in.  Now, I wish I had not.
This morning I walked the dogs at 4:50am, did my chores, got ready, then went to get Aram & Liliana to catch the bus in tulua at 7:45.  Surprise, surprise, the daughter Yireh was now going with them so I had to go back home and dump some of my things from the car to make room...  Hopefully they are gone for the better part of a week and Aram will finally get his US Visa and they will move.
Then I stopped at David's to pick up cash, heavy grocery bags, and a small cooler to pick up the items he had listed for me yesterday.
I picked up Cristina and we whistled in to Pereira in light traffic, only getting on the wrong road once.
At 10:30 I was getting my membership of $23.40 USD being paid by David for my trouble.  On top of that, I got another $3.20 in tip.
The tolls both ways are about $11.64 USD and 1/2 a tank of gas is about $8.50 USD.  Never mind the 3 hours of driving.  So, in fact, any discounts are well eaten up in the travel alone.  Their vaunted Food Court was take-out only, no sit-down, and the drink machines weren't operating.  Not impressed....
We shopped for ourselves and picked up a few more items including a nice 10-shelf rolling cart.  We can't have too much storage.  
We spent another $84.77 USD on top of our online order (which we picked up later) of $123.90 USD.  David's spending was over $72 USD as well, and we did manage to find all his items for him. 
Part of David's enticement to me was that is was Member Appreciation Week and any spending over 400,000 pesos would get you a gift.  Overall today, on my new card, we spent over 1,000,000 pesos and our big reward was ONE ROLL of cheap-ass toilet paper (yes, you read that right, one lousy roll...) and ONE CAN of tuna.  I could not even contact PriceSmart through their website, the link would not work.  I did put complaints on their Email and Facebook though.  I said that it would be a snowy day in February before I would darken their door again.  Sheesh...  Customer Disappointment Week is more like it.
The 3 puppies are still here despite promises to the contrary and are doing well.  One is a little more sickly that the other 2, but seems to be rebounding with the care.
I hope you enjoy the picture.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Very handy for bills, etc.