Monday, August 24, 2020

Monday August 24, 2020 Tom Thumb


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday August 24, 2020
I stopped today to figure out again when the sun will pass directly overhead Andalucia when it goes back and forth over the equator.  We are at roughly 4.05 degrees North.  By my calculations the sun will be right above us (zero shadow) at noon September 5th, and then again on its return run April 6th.  For the next six months we get a lot of afternoon sun in the back yard.
And the back yard is where I was stalking Tom Thumb and had my lawn umbrella set up closer for more intimate shots.  This makes Tom a little more skittish so getting a decent shot is pretty tough.  I think that I will have to move back to my old position.
Cristina had made arrangements to pick up her friend and go check on that old brown skinny dog we had helped a few times.  It was certainly no surprise to me that the dog had died some time ago.  Now why these people don't communicate by phone is beyond me.  Cristina claims they have no phone...  With a family of 6, and a working husband with his own business, I somehow doubt this very much....  The 3 young kids were a delight and insisted on posing for pictures.  I had no objection.
In the Twilight Zone department, two odd coincidences happened.  Yesterday my sister sent an email of Buster Keaton crazy movie stunts, and I had just previously made plans to watch "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum" with Aram (but he didn't show up) starring Zero Mostel, Buster Keaton, Phil Silvers and Jack Gilford.
Then today I uploaded a photo for sale, and always posted to FaceBook as well, a photo of our resident Vermilion Flycatcher.  At the same time, my friend Eleanor posted a photo on Facebook of the same bird..... 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 
Tom Thumb making a left bank

Hmmm, good nectar

Time to split

A new white rose trying to open

Tom's back end in the mango tree
A shot taken over the umbrella

Interesting leaves.  I think it is a weed.

They have their own teeter-totter

This girl is very assertive

Posing

Doing what his sister said to do

I had one hand helping keep her airborne

Older sister and a new puppy

Oh, what a smile!

I asked for a group shot with smiles....