Saturday, August 22, 2020

Saturday August 22, 2020 La Marina


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday August 22, 2020
Yesterday there was lightning to the north again as I walked the dogs, no sound from that.  But, in the extreme quiet of 5am one hears many noises from long distances, birds, dogs barking, cats fighting, and house parties to name a few.
I took Cristina in to stay the day helping Adiela and we stopped in at the vet John Faber Rojas to pick up a sick puppy with scabby eyes and a hernia.  I then slipped in to LA14 for a few stationery items and stopped to get fried chicken near home, then I slept most of the afternoon (then I didn't sleep all night).

This morning there was a light sprinkle as we walked again and it is refreshing.  It is amazing how quickly we dry off.
We finally received our last eBay purchase from China, ordered April 27, so 4 months on a slow boat....  These are all various filters for the Nikon big lens, UV, Neutral Density, Polarizer, and 3 night Star filters.  I have never used a ND or Star filter so I am looking forward to the results.
Even though it was a cloudy, dull day, Cristina suggested we drive to La Marina, east of Tulua, for a sweet that she likes made near there.  It was an opportinity to try the polarizer filter to clear the haze from photos, and there was a lot of haze....  You can see the results below.  The town itself is not very interesting.
Then Chucho showed up to regulate my dumb Smart TV.  I think he basically re-input my wi-fi details and then Netflix and YouTube were working just fine again.  He came with his wife, Angela, Cristina's niece, so they had a nice visit.  So, for the price of 2 beers my TV should be working for a while until it decides to mess with me again.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 
This is one sick puppy

Poor little guy can't see yet

7-dog welcoming committee

The dove yesterday on the nest

Neighbour now has a cement roof for this structure

On the way to la Marina






The love affair between cattle and egrets mystifies me...








North end of a horse going south

Home is where its friends are

This is great horse and cattle country

Reminds me of home in Alberta
The sweets place is on the left

Lovely scenery, lousy day...

The sweets that made the trip worthwhile

Tulua in the distance, coming back




Love these fan palms









This is the sight that greeted us at the end of our block
The dove is still nesting

Glorious close-up of our old hibiscus

Rosebud





Really brief visit by Tom Thumb