Sunday, August 9, 2020

Sunday August 9, 2020 Racing


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday August 9, 2020
Yesterday it was hot and I just stayed indoors again.  I loaded Season 1 of Condor and watched the whole thing on the dumb Smart TV.  It sure takes a lot to cool down the house.  The effectiveness of fans during the day is just to cool the body(ies) down because they are basically useless to cool the house.  And this will only get worse as the sun makes its way southward again.

I took Cristina to Adiela's before 8am, telling her I would be back around 11:30am.  Then I went to David's to watch Formula 1 from England and then MotoGP from the Czech Republic.
There were no crashes to speak of in Formula 1 but there was a lot of drama due to tire strategies.  Max Verstappen ran a brilliant race and held off the Mercedes duo of Hamilton and Bottas.  My guy, Charles LeClerc, was lucky to come in 4th.
MotoGP was really exciting as 2 Frenchmen, Zarco and Quatrararo were 1-2 at the pole.  Zarco was lucky to finish 3rd and Quatrararo a horrible 7th.  Tires again being the deciding factors.  The not-so-surprising victor was Brad Binder of South Africa who has now won in all 3 Moto classes and he will only get better.  In 2nd place was Morbidelli.  Missing again due to his broken arm being reset was my guy Marc Marquez.  Our friend Irma from capetown is super excited about Binder's win.
So I went to get Cristina at 11:35 and they were not at the house, they were at Zoonosis.  She said she sent me a message but Movistart has been sporadic again so I didn't get the word that she wanted to stay until 6pm because they were washing puppies for adoption.  I said Fine, but take a taxi home.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 
Notice temp, time and date

Late PM is not much better

The best by morning

Formula 1 from Silverstone, England

The course

F1 winning history

 
The initial changes in 2 laps

My guy is struggling

Tire and Pit strategy was off for Mercedes

Verstappen gets the lead to stay

He overtook Bottas to do this

Verstappen only pitted once and briefly lost the lead
He regained the lead when Mercedes had tire problems

Chasing Verstappen

They can't catch him today

The Red Bull crew is ecstatic

Hamilton's blistered tires

He was lucky to finish 2nd like this
The podium today

Verstappen wins

Race standings 1-10

Race standings 11-20

MotoGP track in Czech Republic

Track temp plays havoc with the tires here too
Czech Air Force fly-by

Nice-looking course

Starters at the front

Lots of jockeying at the start

Some guys got a great jump

Morbidelli held the lead a long time

Chased down by Brad Binder

Passed by Brad Binder

Binder races away

Great riding today by Binder



Checkered flag for Binder

The KTM crew is delighted.