Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Wednesday August 12, 2020 Mariposa


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday August 12, 2020
When walking the dogs it is almost common to see lightning above the western coastal cordillera.  However we almost never get any rain from that direction, it is always from the east.  In my hometown Radville, Saskatchewan, a storm from the east was always to be feared.
This morning the pre-sunrise sky was so colourful and I didn't have a camera, sorry. I actually didn't take any photos today as I was occupied with other things.
Aram wanted a couple more documents printed and my pain-in-the-a** HP printer decided it should extort money from me.  It is 2 years old, ink-tank 315 model, with all original equipment, all kinds of ink left, always looked after and maintained.  However HP has a racket that it makes the printer say now that it does not detect original HP ink or cartridges.  I have always had stupid problems with HP printers and I only bought this one because it would be most economical, except that it doesn't bloody work.  Because it is off warranty you can't even talk to a person about possible remedies.  I fought for over 3 hours trying to download fixes, drivers, updates and more.  No soap.  I will never buy another HP product.  The crooks make a fortune on the ink.
Our main concern today was our oldest dog, Mariposa, maybe only 6 years old, because she was acting sickly, seemed thin and lethargic, even favouring her right rear leg.  I watched her in the back yard and she wanted to defecate but was having no luck.  It was almost like she didn't have the energy to even raise her tail like normal.  I showed Cristina and we watched her until 4pm when we took her to the vet.  We basically had he given medication and enemas, took an uneventful walk, repeated the process, and we brought her home.  Something unblocked again on the way to the back yard but we were very thankful for that.  She also had a couple of minorly successful poops in the back.  Hopefully she will be right as rain by morning.
While watching Mariposa at dusk it was cool to watch Tom Thumb, 4 feet away filling himself up for the night.  Then 4 bats started cruising the yard, oblivious to me, Tom, and the dogs.  We are so grateful to have them regularly clear any bugs in the backyard.
That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture from my Blogs to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.