Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Wednesday August 26, 2020 Pizza


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday August 26, 2020
Today I slept in a tad again, 3 days in a row now after restless nights with a scratchy throat.  I think this all started once I started taking these B-complex tablets that Cristina bought from her niece.  Thankfully I only have a few left.

We went to see the Notary after 2pm because I have had something nagging at me for some time.  The house is in both our names  and the Colombian Inheritance rules are archaic to supposedly protect the children:

Inheritance Law
Inheritance Law establishes a number of conditions, written in the Colombian Civil Code, which determine the succession of the assets by law.   These conditions take precedence over the instructions given in any will and testament of the deceased.
  • First hereditary order: The first heirs by law are the children of the deceased, whether they are legitimate, illegitimate or adopted, who will receive equal shares of the estate
  • Second hereditary order: When a person leaves no children, the inheritance will be divided between ascendants of close degree: parents or adoptive parents
  • Third hereditary order: When a person leaves no descendants or ascendants, the inheritance will be divided between the siblings and spouse. When there are no siblings, the spouse receives the inheritance, and when there is no spouse, the siblings receive the inheritance.  Full siblings receive double the shares of half siblings
  • Fourth and fifth hereditary order: When there are no children, parents, spouse or siblings, the inheritance may be received by the children of the siblings. If there are none, the ICBF (Colombian Institute for Family Welfare) receives the inheritance
Foreigners and Nationals
When the heirs of an estate are foreigners, they are invited to attend the succession and may be either present in person or represented. They receive their shares according to the same rules as nationals.

The above is completely unconstitutional in my book but it is written in stone and my wishes be damned.
Only Cristina should have the rights to the house should I die or leave.   My kids wouldn't want the monumental hassle of owning a piece of a house 7,000 kms away. They will be looked after separately.
So, naturally my questions were:
  1.   Can I simply change the ownership of the home to solely Cristina, or does our marriage complicate matters?
22.    Do I need to divorce her to do the above and to achieve sole ownership for her?

Cristina showed all this to the Notary and he apparently assured her that putting the house in her own name alone is sufficient, and that I do not have to divorce her to protect her.  That is a big relief.....
Then we blitzed into Tulua to Olympica where we picked up  a lot of food for our dogs, our birds, and the cats at the Animal Park for about $10.50 USD.
On the way back, it was after 3pm, and Power Pizza was open.. YES!!!!!  So I got a 4-topping medium pizza for $6.30 USD and brought it home.  I added chili peppers and parmesan cheese.  Cristina took one bite and needed to put out the fire.  Honestly, I could barely taste the peppers.  I put more on after that...  One of life's little pleasures.
I often wonder how the prices here compare to Canada or the USA, for instance..
 - 4 topping pizza - $6.30 USD
 - I litre honey - $2.60  USD
 - Long loaf of sandwich bread - $0.78 USD 
I know that I was surprised that prices in Ontario weren't more expensive when I was visiting, still forgetting that they add another 13% or more at the till.
Aram had me print 4 more pages of documents for him.  He definitely has an appointment in Bogota to interview for his Visa application to the USA.  He has bus tickets for Saturday morning to go.
Aram is coming to watch a movie tonight.  Firestarter or A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum??
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Threatening clouds again

No doubt copyright infringement here...

Marvel might have something to say...

Fresh grated cheese

What a treat to get a decent pizza here

Chilis are a must for me now.