Thursday, August 20, 2020

Wednesday August 19, 2020 Printer


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday August 19, 2020
Yesterday it was pouring rain at 4:45am so the dogs again did not get their walk.
At 10am I went out and paid the utility bills, picked up Cristina and we headed in to the tech guy in Tulua with my HP InkTank 315.  He wanted to check it out to see if it was cleanable and repairable and they said that they would contact me in the afternoon with the results.
I looked at my watch and Cristina and I headed to LA14 for a quick grocery binge then I whistled her home, unloaded and headed back into Tulua.
David and I had an appointment with delicious burgers at the Corral kiosk at La Herradura.  David now has a nice 4-wheeled walker and we were taking his car so we worked to find a way to carry it in his car.  We found that if we dropped the back seat, removed the backrest from the walker, it would fit in well enough.  It is made of steel, so it is a bit heavy and it taxes the severe COPD that David has.  He is really struggling these days and the walker is wonderful for him for support and an instant resting seat.  We checked out the printers in Exito then thoroughly enjoyed our burgers at Corral and were actually able to eat them at the tables this time.  We returned to David's and watched "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" with a great cast starring John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart and Lee Marvin.
I contacted the tech guy and he said he would have an answer around 5:40.  I was tired of waiting so I went there at that time.  He said both cartridges were dirty, clogged and needed replacing.  330,000 pesos for both ($88 USD or $116 CAD) and I choked.  There was no way that I was going to give another red cent to HP.  I told him that I would opt for the Canon G2100 he had offered for 510,000 pesos ($135 USD or $179 CAD).  However he said the Canon also had a cartridge system that was not entirely reliable and recommended the Epson L3110 InkTank that didn't use cartridges and came with a 2-year warranty.  This one was 650,000 pesos ($173 USD or $228 CAD) but was still cheaper than anything decent I had seen at Exito so I pulled out the debit card.  He said that that was a cash price...  So we walked to 2 different places that dealt for Bancolombia and I got him the cash.
Setup was relatively painless and I did initially have trouble to get it to print but I rapidly solved that and it works fine.
Aram came over later and we watched "Klute" which David had downloaded for me.  I am sure enjoying these wonderful old movies.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.