Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sunday August 16, 2020 Racing


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is schizophrenic again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday August 16, 2020
Yesterday we were still in mourning for Mariposa.  On our morning walk the black street dog that we know as Negro came up to Turi, Princesa and Buddy and wanted to play.  So I let they run and jump and growl as they do for fun.  The dogs are such a joy.
In the evening Aram came over and we watched Cannonball Run and enjoyed this old comedy once again.  I am so thankful that David was able to find me these old movies that I have been wanting for a long time.

This morning I joined David and Wolf to watch Formula 1 racing from Barcelona.  Basically it was mostly a ho-hum race with no drama, no crashes, with the only spin-out being when my guy, Charles LeClerc lost power and spun out.  It didn't even rate a yellow flag.  He got the car re-started and limped back to the garage.  As usual, Lewis Hamilton had the pole and just went wire-to-wire.  Verstappen and Bottas joined him on the podium.  The only surprise was the 4th and 5th place finishes of Perez and Stroll for the Canadian team Racing Point.  They must be pretty happy.
The fun of the day was provided by the MotoGP race from Austria.  This is where crazy young men doing over 200mph scream along a curvy track with very little rubber gripping the road and often bump each other in pursuit of a better position.  Today we had a spectacular crash involving 3 riders.  The bounding bikes narrowly missed hitting others, especially The Doctor, the crowd favourite, Valentino Rossi.  2 bikes bounced over and in front of him, missing him by inches and leaving him quite shaken during the ensuing stoppage.
A later crash took out 2 more riders.
Since my #1 guy Marc Marquez is still recuperating from the opening day crash, it was up to my #2 guy, Andrea Dovioso, to win the race.  Yes, his name is Andrea, and the driver who came in second is named Joan Mir.  Do I hear anybody humming "A Boy Named Sue"??
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.












Charles spins out when he loses power and brakes lock

Limping to the garage







Hamilton wins

The track in Austria

















































Follow the bouncing bikes























Re--start after the big crash



























Dovioso wins