Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Wednesday June 10, 2020 Jungle


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday June 10, 2020
Last night a neighbour from around the corner came to the door.  Cristina was not here to translate, but I gathered that he wanted to bring something through my house to my back yard so he could send it over the fence.  I said OK and he came back with a 1,000 litre plastic water tank to put on the roof.  One look at it and I knew that it was not going through my 2 doorways at the back...  Why they didn't ask the neighbour to the south is beyond me, because they still had to go through his yard as well...  So I lent him my dolly so he could take this monstrosity around the corner and to approach my side wall from the north, bring it up and over, then up and over my south wall.  That is what they did!  It is a good thing that this tank is not overly heavy, just large and awkward.
It seems like all the neighbours are upgrading their places.
Then my back started spasming from overdoing things so I was on my TENS machine all night and didn't get much sleep.

This morning I took 2 Ibuprofen and still managed to walk the dogs.  Then I had to do Poop patrol before leonel came at 7am to cut the jungle out back.  He doesn't even try to keep a half inch of growth, it is whacked right to the earth.  That is the way they do it here, and, with the rain almost every day, it grows back quickly.  We already have much better growth back there than almost 2 years ago when we moved in.
We managed to get 6 of 9 bags of grass out to the curb for the garbage truck.  The other 3 will have to wait for Saturday.  I wore my back brace all morning.
Cristina is tending to a sick dog off-site so we made a trip in to Olympica to get livers, etc for hearty food for sick animals.  There was no line-up at the door, and none at the meat counter.  We were really lucky today.
When we returned I decided to straighten, as best I could, the cheap wire fencing around our main flowers.  They were so bent and mangled.  I just sat on my lawn swing out back and did them one by one.  Then I re-installed them all but it doesn't take much for the dogs to wreck them.
Even though my back is touch-and-go, I don't back off on things that need to get done, because nobody else is here to do them,.. and I am feeling not bad at the moment.  But the TENS machine will be in use later, just in case.
I am having another battle with the ignoramuses at RedBubble again.  They removed an artwork of mine that I had entitled "Big Bang Theory". 
It has nothing whatever to do with any movie or TV show,.. and the term was coined long, long ago....  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Big_Bang_theory
So how in the world does Warner Bros. have the right to claim any kind of ownership or copyright infringement on my completely independent artwork that made ZERO refence to anything remotely connected with them?????  How can they copyright a term as common as The Big Bang Theory???  And, RedBubble, in their infinite idiocy, do not contest worthless claims by these silly corporations, nor do they contact the artist,.. they just remove MY artwork and we can do little to contest it.  I have just about reached the limit of my patience with RB.  Since they became a public company they have gone to the dogs.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



Leonel at work

A lot of wet grass

3 hours work

Lots of edges to trim

Our white rose has 5 more buds, looking good!

Turtledove

Vermilion Flycatcher

Kiskadee

Hawk

Hawk

Turtledoves

Another neighbour at work on his place

I'm not seeing any difference with the bees?

Not any change?

They are pretty quite when it is cooler.

Fixed fencing

Fencing looks better

Saffron Finches