Saturday, June 20, 2020

Saturday June 20, 2020 Solstice


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday June 20, 2020

Happy Summer Solstice.

In 2020, the June solstice is Saturday, June 20, at 5:44 P.M. EDT.  This date marks the official beginning of summer in the Northern Hemisphere, occurring when Earth arrives at the point in its orbit where the North Pole is at its maximum tilt (about 23.5 degrees) toward the Sun, resulting in the longest day and shortest night of the calendar year. (By longest “day,” we mean the longest period of sunlight.)
I just dug up the following information for where we are:
Andalucia is 750m above sea level (although my altimeter says 955 m) and located at 4.17° N 76.17° W.   Andalucia has a population of 17,432.   
Sunrise was at 5:54am and sunset will be at 6:16pm.  That is the most variance we get from 12 hour days and nights.  Rainstorms are predicted this late afternoon and evening over a very wide area.

I was just finishing poop patrol at 8am this morning when Cristina was off with niece Ana to visit relatives in Roldanillo where she was raised.  I killed time taking a few photos before having a nap.  Now I am ready for another nap, lol.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



My setup for shooting Tom, with companions..

This rosebush is restarting its flowers

The white rosebush is holding its own

A visitor to my umbrella

Cute little guy

He stuck around for a while

Tom was always showing up when I was doing something else

Killer had a ringside seat today

Finally, a half-decent shot of Tom Thumb