Saturday, June 27, 2020

Saturday June 27, 2020 Roldanillo


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday June 27, 2020
We had a nice day with the camera but very tiring to be sure.  I hope you like today's results.
We were out at 8am to head to Roldanillo, about 50 minutes away (the famous paragliding town where she grew up) so she could visit for a while in the central park with a cousin.  Roldanillo is a bigger place with a population approaching 40,000.  Cristina even suggested that we move there because there would be many gringos for me to interact with...  No thanks.  My next move will probably be my last.
We came back and had lunch and I took my 3rd arthritis pill (out of 5) and am so far disappointed in the results.  My arms still ache all my waking hours.  Later  spoke to David and he suggested doubling the dose because I am not a small man.  We will see if that helps.
After my nap I had a good afternoon shooting in the back yard as Tom Thumb and friends were cooperating.  When we go in the yard the dogs usually follow too, and get some exercise too as I collect a little sun.
We then went out to take our recycle bag to Great-Grandma Gilma (Cristina's old mom-in-law) and visit for a while with her and daughter Carmen.  They are very nice people and have been very good to us.  They make things with recycle products and sell the rest.
Another busy day in the offing for tomorrow..
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Interesting statue in the central park of Roldanillo

Feeding the pigeons.  Many different varieties...

Nice central park with a small amphitheatre.

The dove of peace

The big church was closed
A writer and a painter honoured.

A dove is so pretty

These guys are so colourful

The park from the other side

The lovely drive back
I thought that this was very striking

Looking to the western, or coastal, cordillera

Looking to the central cordillera

Love these huge old shade trees

Kiskadee
Rare sighting of a private plane

Killer in his chariot

NeNe is so darn cute

Our first multi-coloured rosebush is flowering again

Tom Thumb

He sure shines in the light

Love this pose

Showing that he is a Tyrian Metaltail.

Great-Grandma Gilma

Great-nephews Alejandro+Jose-David

I did some work with the photo below

This lovely artwork was on the wall at Gilma's

These dray wagons are still very common in Colombia