Saturday, June 6, 2020

Saturday June 6, 2020 Owl Butterfly


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday June 6, 2020
We were up until past midnite last night, Cristina was texting with her niece Natalia, so we didn't get a lot of sleep.  After walking the dogs and poop patrol and chores, I went back to bed until lunch was ready.
After lunch I waited for Tom Thumb, killed a couple of wasps and checked on the bees.  The damned wasps were bugging the bees!  They are on my hit list now, no mercy.  This graphic shows the type of bee we have as a honey bee, and our wasp is very similar to the hornet, but all black with yellow legs.  
The bee activity seems the same, nothing growing, but I assume they are building a hive inside that mass of bees.

Tom Thumb made a pass-by but didn't stay.  Then this lovely Owl Butterfly decided to stick around and steal some nectar from the wasp trap.
I saw his long tongue stretched out but it wasn't until I was processing the photos that I saw how he curled up his tongue!  Nature is so fascinating.  I took a total of 85 shots and kept 17.  The topside, which is rarely seen, is a lovely indigo blue colour, while the underside of the wings has the appearance of several Owl eyes, hence the name.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.