Monday, June 15, 2020

Monday June 15, 2020 Birds


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday June 15, 2020
We went to Huellas vet for 8am because Cristina claimed they would open then.  But, apparently today is a holiday so they came around 8:20 but did not open until 9am.  Cristina got a boatload of medications for our precious Princesa and we got out of there at 9:35.
Once we got home I got caught up on my chores the fried up some baloney (bologna) that we had bought in a package with other sausage and more for $2.60 USD.  Meats here are slightly different because their animals are much leaner and there is less fat to cook the way we are accustomed to get the rich flavour.  It is a fact of life in much the same way that their spices are so much more bland than N.A. spices as well.  Anyway, fried baloney with mustard is a throwback quick comfort food for this prairie boy.
After lunch I had a real good nap and got up in time to catch the small window of time where we have sun shining on the feeders and, hence, Tom Thumb.  The window is only a couple of hours around 2:30 - 4:30 as the sun moves to its apex at the Tropic Of Capricorn.  This light is the optimum to catch the irridescence of his tiny feathers and to show off the fine detail.  I didn't get the shot I wanted today but we are working toward that with practice.
As the idiots of the world go crazy to open things up too soon and re-ignite the second bigger wave of Covid-19, I pray that all my friends and family exercise restraint and safety.  Let's all wait to die a natural death of old age...
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
White roses are so delicate

Gorgeous nature

And we have more to come!

I set up another feeder for the Saffron Finches

Gorgeous birds

They are regulars in our yard

No fighting with the turtledoves at this feeder

My usual trio keeping me company

Nina, Grigi and Turi

Look at the beauty of the Tyrian Metaltail

Those feathers just shine

My boy Tom Thumb

Lots of feather detail in this last shot