Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday June 13, 2020 Busy


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday June 13, 2020
Happy 60th Birthday brother Norm!  My ex-mother-in-law said that you know you're old when your kids order from the Senior's menu... lol.
I washed and cleaned a section of the wall behind the hummingbird feeders and then took a leftover spray bomb and painted it an off-white.  The plan is to have a better contrasting background for Tom Thumb.  It is better, but not quite what I wanted.
We took a trip into Tulua and went to HomeCenter first.  We got some gardening tools and can of bright white spray paint (you now know what that is for).  We also bought a medium sized beach umbrella, almost 6' across, which I hope to suspend from the mango tree to give me some solar protection when shooting Tom Thumb.  Hopefully these things will work so I can get better photos of him, while sitting comfortably.
Then we went to LA14 for our usual grocery run, since we were next door anyway...  
We went to the Huellas vet for Princesa's test results which were not complete, so they did another test.  Later, we had to return with Princesa for more tests again.  She has some kind of infection.  Then the heavens opened for a wild thunderstorm and it rained cats and dogs.  I was soaked just getting to the driver's side of the car.
When we got back home I saw a lightning strike above the back fence and a simultaneous bang-bang like someone had shot a .45 twice, right next to our ears!  The only other time something like that had hit so close, and so loud, was many years ago when fishing with friends Ken, Donald and Elmer at South Baptiste Lake near Athabasca.  We had just beat the storm to shore, were just exiting the boat, and I swear that lightning hit just a few feet away.  My ears were ringing and we felt that we had just dodged God's bullet.
Then, in spite of the real heavy rain, Cristina decided we were going to deliver the yellow cat to the other side of town.  Cristina hates getting her hair wet BTW...  When we finally locate the right address, I could hardly see through the pounding rain and I tried to park as close to the front door as possible.  I could not see the small drainage canal (we don't have one) and I dropped my right front wheel into it.  Then the wheel would just spin, forward or back, so I was about to try to find a tow truck.  But the cat's adopters', an old couple, came out with planks which unfortunately got too wet and slippery to help.  Then their son was called over from down the street and the neighbour came out too.  The son said to remove the planks and to use some bricks, which just happened to be across the street, instead.  The way the wheel had been free-spinning, I wasn't too hopeful, but I made sure my wheel was straight with the channel and gave it a go.  I had a plan too, because I sure didn't want to allow my back wheel to fall in as well.  We did it very calmly and slowly, it caught purchase, and I managed to get the wheel up on the bricks.  I had them put bricks in the space just freed by my wheel and I was then able to angle my wheel left and get out of danger.  I offered this group of guys some serious money to go buy themselves some beers but they would have none of it.  Overall, Colombians are very good and helpful people.
The yellow cat is in its new home and should be very happy with this old couple.
I then had to do a lot of mopping up at home as I had dragged in so much water with the car.  I am not complaining about the rain, it is more than welcome.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
The white roses are going crazy

How lovely is this?

The sunflowers are almost done

Our dear Princesa needs medicine

A new bug on the block

Turtledove

Tom Thumb

I intend to make the wall whiter

This is where I dropped my front wheel - perfect fit!

I was sure happy to retrieve my car