Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thursday June 25, 2020 Pills


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  might be working again… ??   >>>>>>>>>>
To be safe, PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday June 25, 2020
OMG, it is already the last week of June.  Maybe 2020 will disappear like a bad memory yet...
I had to take my car in for its 20,000 kms warranty check, every 5,000 kms or 5 months, whichever comes first.  Well, it is almost 6 months since my last warranty check and I only have less than 18,000 on Lizzie.  After I dropped it off they called to authorize Air and AC filters and I think AC fluid.  Am I going to say No?   The total bill was 548,000 pesos or $147 USD, and that included a full car wash.  I can imagine what such a warranty check would cost in Canada or the USA where the shop rate alone must be close to that amount per hour by now.
To kill the time, because there is little safe public transportation these days, I walked over to David's and spent the morning with him. It was a good, brisk 20-minute walk.  It is good to have time with David since he is very well-read, a little older, and has gone through many of the same experiences in life and health.  We compare notes on health issues, amongst other things.  He has severe COPD, on an oxygen machine many hours per day, and is deathly afraid, rightfully, to catch Covid-19 which would be a death sentence. 
I mentioned that I have begun taking Melatonin to sleep  and Ibuprofen to mitigate the effects of arthritis pain.  Doctor David gave me some pills he no longer uses.  The Zalapla, a sleeping pill, appears too strong and possibly addictive according to my later research so I probably won't use them.  I don't need to be dopey, forgetful and falling over when I walk the dogs in this strange country in the dark hours of the morning.
The other though is Extoricoxib, or Arcoxia, for the osteoarthritis and this could be a Godsend.  I took one tablet with Brunch as it needs to be taken with food.  The nice thjing is that it is usually just 1 tablet per day, for a recommended 5 days regimen, and it should have lasting effects for 3-4 months!  That is my kind of wonder drug!  People have had amazing results.  I honestly think that I am already beginning to feel some beneficial effects just a few hours later.  The pain in my arms are already lessening, woo hoo!  What is so nice about Latin America that most drugs are available over the counter at super reasonable prices.
When I went back to KIA to retrieve Lizzie I had also made an appointment to talk with the General Manager, Luis, who used to work in Montreal.  I was just curious as to the value of Lizzie if they bought the car from me.  He was very close to my perceived estimate.
To be honest, the onset of he arthritis had me seriously considering thinking of going back to Canada to unburden Cristina of the possibility of ending up looking after an invalid...  I know that she would do it faithfully, but I just do not want that to be her lot in life.   Hopefully this new drug will allay my fear and extend my stay with my wonderful wife.  We have so much time to think about health issues, and possibilities, and strategies.  Or maybe it could all change tomorrow...  We never know.  I have other plans to protect her and our investment in Colombia that I need to implement as soon as possible.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



New pills, one I am scared of, and the other is a wonder drug

Filter changes for Lizzie at KIA

This rose is taking its sweet time to open

The neighbour is covering his new structure.  Chicken coop?

Aquick visit by Tom Thumb

Needs a refill soon