Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Wednesday June 12, 2019 Rentals


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Wednesday June 12, 2019
Today we helped Aram search for a bungalow to rent, driving around, looking for "For Rent" signs.  Very few people actually put up signs because everybody knows someone who is looking for a house.  They are presently in a second-floor apartment nearby but Liliana broke her foot so the spiral staircase is a huge hindrance.  
The two best places (under $200 a month) we looked at were actually previously known to Aram and Liliana so we helped him check them out.  The first one has a great fenced yard, great for their young Husky, Cooper, but it is too close to a very seedy area of town.  I doubt that they would have trouble there but I would not want to live in that area.  The second house is being completely re-done by a new owner, new electricl, plumbing, paint, ceramic floors, everything.  It has a small rear patio for the do, is close to greenspace for walking the dog, and close to downtown (and us).  It will be ready in 2 months...
 We had lunch at that place across from the school then came home and had a quick nap.  I then took a couple of shots of Tom Thumb with the Lumix.
Then I decided to give the Sony a whirl at photos in the back yard.  It was good choice because it was very cloudy and that camera is the best in low light.  First I took 124 photos and processed those, keeping only 23.  I am not fond of the autofocus of the Sony so I soon switched to manual focus.  However manual focus on a moving target at full zoom is tough, hence a lot of bad shots.
There were a trio of hummers vying for the feeders, all smaller than my thumb.
As I was finishing the processing I saw that the sun had made an appearance so I went back out, full of hope for good backlit shots.  I took 47 more shots but only kept 6, mostly out-of-focus shots.  I am so disappointed.  I promise that I will figure something out.
The Sony was a gift to me from Ray and Linda Lewis of Cuenca, truly dear and charitable people, and part of the circle of friends that I miss in Cuenca.  The Sony has its sweet place in my arsenal and I truly thank them for their generosity.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
View east from Aram's roof

View northeast from Aram's roof

View west from Aram's roof

Handy way to travel....

First house, big yard, secure fence, bad location

2nd house, newly renovated, good location
2 months to complete renovations





The above shots were with the Lumix

Testing the Sony on Nina before going out


























I think that I like this shot he best







Backlit shots into the sun