Monday, June 3, 2019

Monday June 3, 2019 Adoptions


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday June 3, 2019
Wow, what a rollercoaster day!
Very early I found out that one of my nephews was in a serious motorcycle accident and had a broken collarbone and multiple lacerations.
Then I heard that 2 people from my hometown were killed in a car accident on Saturday.  One was the son of a kid that lived 3 doors away from us, way back when.
Cristina was sad upon hearing that one of the mommy dogs was really ill so we went over to the Dog Park.  One look told me that this poor dog was not long for this world.  15 minutes later it quit its misery before our eyes.  I took a few photos of the animals there, including a lovely white dog which would be killed by a hit and run driver in the afternoon...  So sad....
While there we got the news that 2 puppies and possibly our 2 rabbits had adoptive homes.  So I waited while they burried the poor Mama dog then we hurried and had a quick lunch from the bakery.  I wanted pizza, but the new pizza place in Andalucia had zero selection, or meats, and the other pizza joint was closed for a June Monday holiday (3 of them this month apparently).
Then we ran to Adiela's and, almost 90 minutes later of my patience wearing thin, we went to the first puppy adopter and that actually went way quicker than expected.  The second puppy adopter was not too far away and that went quick as well.  I don't know why all the adopters are always way on the other side of the city..???
The bunny adopters were way in the country and I actually recognized that we were in the Campo Alegre area.  Many muddy cow paths later and we followed some folks on a motorcycle to a place in the middle of the sugar cane fields.  Unfortunately these dummies had a bunch of dogs and no place to shelter the rabbits so we couldn't leave them.
I would have gone straight back to Andalucia from there because I knew the way, but Cristina had left one of her darn phones at Adiela's so we had to go back there.  While there, Adiela found another adopter in an apartment near our friend Omaira's place (back on the other side of town) for one of the bunnies, so off we went again.  So now Runt is the only bunny left for adoption, we hope,.. as Cristina is certain that Bugs is pregnant again and burrowing to hide the babies.  I am hoping NOT.
Coming out of there, I was so darn hungry and still craving pizza, that we went back to Power Pizza near Adiela's where we had that delicious pizza a couple of night's back.  Good choice!  For $8 I got an awesome medium pizza with 4 toppings.  I really don't care if I have indigestion...  It was worth it.
Then we got word that we may have a new home for Toby too...  Toby and Chiquitita are adding such fun and excitement to the house, and warmth to our hearts that it will be really difficult to let them go.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Poor Mama was bleeding at the mouth and had laboured breathing

Still lots of kittens for adoption

Kids playing soccer next door

Buzzards keeping watch

Marino, Cristina and Claudia help the animals

Believe it or not, there are 5 cats in this photo

Thankfully the poor thing passed away
Her suffering has ended

Wasps building a nest

View to downtown from the Dog Park

and a view to the west

Tropical trees abound

This was one very bust spider!

Cats everywhere
This lovely white dog was later killed by a car

Two Colombian lawnmowers

These two found nice homes today

Quick lunch from the bakery

A view from Campo Alegre

Cute pup at the non-rabbit adopters

and this was their Siamese as well

Best pizza I have had in a very long time