Monday, June 17, 2019

Sunday June 16, 2019 Adoptions


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday June 16, 2019
Happy Father’s Day to all the good Dads out there.
I walked the dogs, did the S,S +S routine quickly because I had to be at David’s for 7am.  I arrived just in time to see the warm-up lap and the start of the Moto GP motorcycle race.
I am not even sure if it happened on turn 10 of the first lap or the second lap, but one rider, Lorenzo’s front tire lost its grip on the curve.  My favourite, Marquez, had just moved into the lead and narrowly avoided the resulting horrific crash that took out the next 4 contenders.  So, the guy who was in 6th place was now in 2nd….  The good news is that they all walked away, thanks to the incredible clothing  they wear, but the race was over for them, real early.  Cartwheeling across asphalt can’t be a lot of fun at those speeds.  Then nobody could catch Marquez who is the runaway leader in the standings this year.
I showed David, Irma and Wolf the portrait work I did for Sara this week so David challenged me to do something with his face, so I took him up on it.  The results are below.
Rushing home, I got caught up on my chores before we headed to the Animal Park with 2 dog crates.  One was for Grigi and her 2 pups, while the other one was for 7 abandoned kittens.  Sara jumped in with us to help for the day.  We drove to Adiela’s where we swapped the cat crate for a large metal cage and filled the car with more supplies.
We then headed, after 2pm, to an event billed as running from 1pm until 5pm, and everybody else was just setting up too….  Welcome to Latin America….  There were artisans selling sausages, jewelry, dog clothing and accessories, plants, honey, and more.  One lady had a photographic cross between a Rubik’s cube and a cat’s cradle made of wood that they can make with 8 of your photos, for 85,000 pesos  ($26).  It is so cool that I might just get one made, but the problem would be picking the best 8 photos…
We were there to try to get any of the 7 cats or 3 dogs adopted.  Another fellow added another 3 black puppies to our mix.  There was a lot of interest in the cuties but no takers today.  It was a superlative day but a small crowd attending.
They even had a dog fashion show before giving way to a surprisingly agile chubby guy leading a group in what they called RumbaTerapia (Rhumba Therapy).   What we call dancercise is normally called bailoterapia here, and in Ecuador.  Anyway, he had an enthusiastic group following his every move so I took a video for you…  Later, even Adiela joined in the fun.  However, at the rate it is uploading to YouTube, it might be ready by Wednesday for viewing…  I may not get to bed tonight.. (It finally finished uploading after 3am.  I have no idea why it was so darn slow).  And I don't know why it is washed out and I can't correct it or darken it.....
So, they started late and ended late, as it was past 6pm by the time I finally got the group packing up.  I hate working in the dark.  The moon rose in the east and I hoped to get some decent shots but a yellow ball with no features is not my idea of a good shot.  I was shocked when I discovered that the way to shoot a bright moon was to use a much faster shutter speed, but that needs a different camera than the Lumix I had with me.  However, the sunset to the west was worth the wait.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Moto GP race into the curves

Exciting at high speeds

Lorenzo loses traction and falls

3 other riders close to him also fall

Domino effect

They are so close together in the curves

Rossi tries to avoid
Slip-sliding away

Can he make it?

Rossi (The Doctor) trying to avoid the fall

Off the track they slide

Rossi hits another bike

Can he survive?

Maybe yes?
Maybe NO

Down he goes as well

4 riders out of the race

An overhead view of the carnage

The race goes on for the others

High speeds

Higher speeds
Big fight for second place

Marquez is comfortably out in front

Incredible leans into the curves

Roaring through the course

Another rider crashes, Crutchlow?







Second place is still up for grabs

A bump during an overtake to the inside
Sends this rider off the course

Another unhappy rider

Marquez showing how it is done

Last lap

Surprise 2nd place finisher

Marquez celebrates victory - again.

After
Before

Grigi allowing the 2 pups to feed

Such a sweet dog

The event at the Tulua Dog Park

Picking up the sleeping kittens in Andalucia

A big cage for Grigi and the puppies

A cage for the kittens
It's hot, I am going to sleep again

My sweet Grigi

Another kitten for adoption

All stretching out to sleep

Grigi and the puppies

A nearby Ibis

Doggie fashion show

Adiela showing off Grigi and her pups

Sadly nobody got adopted today

Most folks already had dogs

A photo of the organizing group

Full moon rising

or is it Bad moon rising?

I love this sunset shot

Good night