Friday, June 21, 2019

Thursday June 20, 2019 Braids


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday June 20, 2019
Last night I was so beat that I went to bed at 7:30pm!  The stress of the day, especially the lost keys just weighed on my mind, so much so that I was awake and up at 3:20am.  I just had to double check the information that I knew was on my memory stick to see if anyone could use it in a malicious way.  I determined that the possiblity was pretty slim so I felt better.
However the loss of the keys plus the information could just possibly lead someone to our home.  Therefore my first order of business today was to replace the Yale deadbolt on the front door.  I didn't think that changing the keys to the inside door would make any difference if they could get past the first deadbolt..  So we swung by Homecenter and actually found a similar Yale deadbolt, $35, triple the price of the other cheaper brand they had, but worth the peace of mind.
Getting the same brand also helped in the installation because there was no need to change the bolt at all, just the inner and outer deadbolt.  One nice thing about the new one is that the keys are reversible and coded, like my car keys.
Then we hit LA14 for groceries, mostly my salad fixings.  We had also stopped at Olympica on the other side of town to get the cheap livers to make our daily dog meal.
I went after lunch to pick up my Moccasins at the shoemaker.  I had bought the moccasins in Okotoks, Canada, off of a shoemaker from Quito, Ecuador, and now fancied up with new insoles and bottom soles by a shemaker in Colombia.  Hopefully they will be comfortable for quick outside use and for driving.
I also bought another pair of shorts across from the park.  In the house, I am usually wearing only shorts, nothing else.  That usually draws comments from people who video call me...  Outside I am almost always in t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops or sandals.  Most of my Cuenca clothes just gather dust.
I also got 2 more keys made for the inside door, one for my pocket and one for a spare set. 
The big empty lot adjoining our back corner has held many events over the past 9 months.  Right now we have a "Circus Of Fear" from Baranquilla in residence.  I thought that this would appeal to Cristina who likes horror movies, but the early show is a 8:30pm, and she is usually in bed by then.  Maybe she can take in a weekend matinee...
When I got home Claudia was here with Sara and had begun the process of braiding Cristina's hair.  This is something that Cristina had wanted to do for a  long time.  Her sister Adiela has long, fake braids but Cristina's are all natural because her hair is so thick and long.  We are quite happy with the results.
I had a quick nap then took a couple of shots of 2 duelling hummers in the backyard but it was cloudy.
I suffered through some wrestling on TV until UFC came on at 7pm.  Then I switched to watch The Patriot which I have probably seen 40 times or more but it is always enjoyable.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 
Old Yale deadbolt outside

Old deadbolt - inside

The new deadbolt

Beginning the long braiding process

Very tiny braids to begin

Bigger and longer
The Circus Of Fear

1 of 2 hummers this afternoon


4 feeders and they still chase each other away

Second guy

Cloudy afternoon

Almost finished

Easy to maintain result...

I am surprised they are still so long

Cristina is happy.

My "new" moccasins
Looking down our street.  Very cloudy.