Monday, June 10, 2019

Monday June 10, 2019 Birds


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday June 10, 2019
Somehow I set off my car alarm at 5:30am.  My turn to wake the neighbours...
After my chores I had a look at the back yard and got to work.  I cleaned up a little in the rabbit hutch but couldn't really get inside because Cristina had her birds in a cage on the roof in the shade.  I did not want to traumatize them further.
Then I got after the bugs on the orange trees.  I scraped off a lot with an old broom but then I saw some of the tent caterpillar type webs and I had to cut off many branches.  In the long run this will be healthier for the trees anyway.
I spent some time trying to work with my Smart TV which isn't very smart, but still smarter than me.  A lot of the apps I would like to download come with a price attached and that's not going to happen...
Then I tried to get the Canada-Cameroon women's soccer match and was only successful in getting a written play-by-play.  No thanks.  It was supposed to be on CTV sports but I could not get that online at all, and even my usually reliable Eurosport channel was balky today.  Oh well, I guess we won 1-0 so I am happy.  I will be watching the Raptors try to wrap up the championship tonight!
I had a quick nap then heard a strange set of birds in the back so I grabbed the Lumix.  I couldn't spot the new birds so I contented myself with catching Tom Thumb backlit by the setting sun.  He sure is a pretty boy.
Then I saw a motion and found the Blue-Gray Tanager that I have been wanting to capture for some time.  He kindly posed for me for about 40 seconds.
 I am getting closer to getting the kind of shots I want with Tom Thumb but I am not very happy with my cameras overall.  Maybe I'll have to try the Sony next.  I took 117 photos.  You are getting to see 29.  I don't think captions are necessary today.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



 






My Nina

Tom Thumb arrives to show off

























 












I was very happy to catch this Blue-Gray Tanager