Friday, June 14, 2019

Thursday June 13 + Friday June 14, 2019 Misc


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday June 13, 2019
Happy 59th Birthday to brother Norm, the baby of the family.  Like my old mother-in-law said, "You know you are getting old when your kids are ordering from the Senior's Menu!"
I was hairdresser today to tint the multi-colored long hair of my lovely wife.  She soon hopes to get her hair braided like Adiela, her sister.
We had nothing planned for the day so I worked on photos, taking a very long time on some of them to get the effect I want.  That is one of the nice things about being retired, no time constraints...
Cristina put the 2 fledgling birds in the big cage out back as usual and somehow one has disappeared.   Something would have had to raise the doorway, but a cat would have caused a huge ruckus with the dogs, and it is too high for the dogs, so just maybe we had a little Houdini that needed to spread its wings..??
I drove Cristina to the Animal Park in the evening because Claudia was not available.  Our primary task was to help Grigi and her two boys get fed, etc.  The boys needed medication applied to their skin conditions.  We are awaiting word on some cat adoptions too.
In the evening I timidly watched the Raptors game in California, hoping that I was not jinxing them like the last game in Toronto where they lost by one lousy point.  I honestly thought we were going to have a repeat but very strange officiating favouring Toronto allowed them to squeak out a hair-raising win.

Friday June 14, 2019

This morning I took the bull by the horns and finally planted the mandarin tree, breaking our shovel in the process.  I am really surprised that the handle lasted this long.  I remember hearing it crack on the very first day.  We have had the twig here for almost 2 months?? so it was nagging at me that Cristina was not ever getting around to it.  The twig had 2 oranges and one fell off, ripe enough to eat!  
In doing my chores today I was having trouble uploading to Fine Art America and finally gave up.  Others were also complaining about the problem so it wasn't my computer.  However, somehow... my Firefox lost all my passwords..??  It took me a while to import from Chrome and update them.  
I tried to burn the pile of infected branches out back but that didn't take well, everything is still too wet.  I would need 3-4 days without rain to finish off that mess.
We ran into Tulua for some medicine, a clothing repair for Cristina, and to buy flowers.  We bought live flowers to plant in hanging planters to attract more hummers.  Then we went to LA14 and got some artificial flowers for Christian and some to spruce up the live flower planters.
We had a nice pork lunch at Memo (7,000 pesos each, about $2.30) then came home.  We got busy and put the new flowers in the hanging planters.    That caused me to need to relocate the other bird feeder which I put in a tree close to the other feeder hoping the turtledoves and finches and canaries will find it.
I went back through this Blog to answer a FaceBook query of an Aunt about how many birds have I seen in the back yard.  My list ended up at around 14 different species.
The back yard is finally coming together, after 9 months...
Then the computer quit with some silly "exception" again this afternoon.  I don't know if a new computer will actually solve these problems so I keep holding off on a change.
Now, after a quick nap, I am ready to have my salad and watch some movies....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Planting the mandarin tree


I need to burn this pile

Protecting the little tree

With flash, old sewing machine at clothing place

Without flash

This place is good, but not fast

Cristina's meal with spaghetti on the side

I decided on healthy beans for my side dish

Tom was supervising our new planters while eating

I think that he approves

This new planter held 3 live plants + 3 artificial flowers

Added 3 artificial flowers to all the planters

This should attract the hummers better

This new one was smaller, so only 1 live plant

The other bird feeders are very close for now.