Saturday, June 22, 2019

Friday-Saturday June 21-22 , 2019 Birthday


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday-Saturday June 21-22 , 2019
Friday morning we decided to get a new spade and 2 long handles, one to replace the broken handle of the square-point shovel we already had.  That cost $7.50 USD.   It took me a while to remove the broken piece of wood from the old shovel but I eventually got the job done.
Cristina had been gifted with the beginnings of 3 plantain trees so we proceeded to plant these on the left side of the yard.  I am told that they will grow strong in one year!
I also tried again to burn that pile of infected branches in the back because they looked dry enough but they just wouldn't burn as required.
I completed various chores and decided to have a quick nap.  I was surprised when Cafe joined me.  Then she sneezed up a whole lot of bloody mucous so Cristina and I rushed her to the vet.  They took some vials of blood for tests and gave her some coagulants.  Cafe was much better when we got home.
At 6pm we went over to Aram and Liliana's apartment for Yireh's 11th birthday.  There were neighbours, children and Liliana's brother in attendance.  Liliana did a little Jewish prayer ceremony in Spanish for the well-being of her daughter.  We had snacks, juices and lots of potato chips.  Yireh seemed very pleased with our gifts of the Colombia soccer t-shirt and the small Bluetooth speaker.  Their big 4-month-old Husky puppy, Cooper, was amazingly well behaved.  He is especially adept at picking out which hand holds his snack... 
Aram and I, and Jorge (George) the landlord, amused ourselves by looking up assortments of good music.  Aram is only 37, and from Kurdistan, so he hasn't heard a lot of the old great music from the 60's but Jorge was very knowledgeable.  Aram has taking a liking to Kenny Rogers, Pat Boone and Celine Dion.
We were very happy to see that Cafe was seemingly almost back to normal when we finally got back home.

June 22 is my one year Anniversary of living here in Colombia!  We sure seem to have accomplished a lot in that short time.
 
Saturday morning we heard from the vet that Cafe has Tick Fever so we rushed her in there again to get antibiotics and a big list of drugs to take.  Then we had to wait over an hour in case of adverse reactions.  Again, Cafe seemed so much better on the way home and, luckily, Adiela had a lot of the needed drugs.
When we got home I hurriedly repaired the dog leashes, chopped up my cabbage for my salads, then made myself a salad and gobbled it down.
I had invited David and Irma to join us at 1:30pm so when they weren't here by 2pm I realized that the invitation could be taken to mean that we were going to visit them... silly me.  They definitely wanted a break from the house so they came at 2:30pm and we watched some Formula 2 racing and then the Blue Jays against the Red Sox.  We experimented, and thoroughly enjoyed having beer with Mott's Clamato Juice.  A touch of seasoning salt and I was enjoying it so much that I had a second one.  It is a long time since I have quaffed 2 beers.  We hadf a really good visit and got caught up on their news.
Now,it is almost 8pm and the temp is still over 28C in the house. 
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start




 
It looks dry enough, but NOT....

Plantain tree #1

Plantain tree #2

Plantain tree #3

Still trying to burn, but not for long

The 2 repaired shovels

Cooper was anxious to join the party
Some of the food and decorations

Aram and a Canadian guest

Gals hired to help in the kitchen

A variety of guests

Landlord Jorge is in the orange shirt

Cristina doesn't want her picture taken...

Not a great photo to work with
But I did my best

Cooper is part of the family

Trying to get Cooper for photos

They gave up shortly after this

Aram, Yireh and Liliana

A kiss for the Birthday girl

A happy family

Opening gifts

She is very happy with the Colombia shirt

I think she knows how to use the little speaker

Cafe will soon be my 2,000,000 peso dog

Another nice visit with David and Irma