Monday, June 24, 2019

Sunday June 23, 2019 Feria


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday June 23, 2019
I was up early like usual to walk the dogs, do my chores, then it was time to catch up on some rest for another hour.  Cafe is quiet with no evidence of bleeding, thank God.
We had lunch then went into Tulua to attend a holiday exhibition (feria) at the Coliseo located near the Transito office, not far from Miguel and Adiela's.
We had to park a mile away and the lineups were crazy.  Cristina wanted to sit and wait for the family to show up but I refused, knowing what waiting for family always ends up like..  I said that they could catch up with us inside somewhere so we went in.  Luckily (and very strange for Colombia) they had an old-farts line and I didn't even have to pay the $5 entrance fee!
There wre television sets in many locations tuned into the Colombia-Paraguay game which Colombia won 1-0.
The feria had exhibits by police, army, banks, bike shops and much more but, except for the artisan booths it was pretty boring.  Cristina must have communicated this to the Adiela, Ana and German, because they just waited for us at the entrance.  They wanted to just go sit someplace and have a beer so we started walking, and walking, and walking.  There were beer places but no place to sit anywhere.  Finally I said that we were walking farther and farther away from the car, and my legs were just about done, so we started back.  There were a couple of restaurants with beer but they just ignored them.  They waited at the entrance to the parking lot while I went the extra 1/2 mile to retrieve Lizzie.
Then they decided they needed to go to a bar way on the other side of town, of course, then it was closed...  Nearby was a different bar that sold only liquor, no food, so we were buying snacks from walk-by vendors.  Cristina and I had 1 beer each while the others quaffed at least 2.  I didn't want more because I was driving.  Then Cristina decided we should leave because the others wanted to stay and drink and she could see that I was bored to tears.
We just got into our door when Aram showed up with Yireh and the dog Cooper, asking if we could look after them for an hour.  How could we refuse.
Sometime during the night Cristina's little bird passed away.  What a sad end after all the work she did to try to save it.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Lots of people, lots of exhibits

Military showing off firepower

Howitzers too

390cc KTM, I was quoted about $8,000 USD
Plants for sale.

Huge outdoor food court

I loved this fibreglass art

Very impressive and about $800 USD

Whole families, I think all of Tulua was here
Military and police keeping a loose eye on the entrance

An Ibis on the river

Beer in South Tulua

Yireh and Cooper inspecting our patio

She is a nice kid and trains Cooper well.