Saturday, June 8, 2019

Saturday June 8, 2019 Animals


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is glitching again…  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Saturday June 8, 2019
Last night Cristina came home with 2 rescued baby birds, again.  Apparently they can fly but can't feed themselves yet, so she is in Mother Goose mode again
Then we had a ring at the door and it was Carlos and Ruby stopping by to give me a Father's Day mug.   I am still in shock.  When is Father's Day anyway?

Today was a bittersweet day, again.
We awoke to the sad sight of our 3 rabbits, Bugs, Bunny, and Runt dead in the back yard.  The mama dog we had here fer a couple of days was strong enough to break the chicken wire and the rabbits made a run for it and paid for it with their lives.  I couldn't even be upset with the dog because she was just doing what nature tells her to do.  And it doesn't help that Cristina keeps buying plush toys for the dogs to play with and destroy.  So, with a heavy heart and a sore back we went to bury them at the back of the animal park.
I got caught up on my chores later then rested a bit before and after lunch.
We slipped out and bought some staples at D-Uno, and bought plastic garbage bags and dog poop bags.  Always need a supply of those on hand.

Then we packed up a plastice table and chair set and went to the vet's to buy specialized food for puppies and cats.  Why?  Because at 4pm the animal group here was having an event where people could donate food and supplies for dogs and cats.  I saw some online advertising by Adiela but not much else so I was actually quite surprised at the amount of donors and donations over 2.5 hours.  People got to interact with the abandoned animals and that got some thinking about adoption.
Speaking of which, Adiela informed us that there is a family interested in Estrella, my Nina's sister, who has been here for some time now.  She may have a new family as early as tomorrow.
Then we had a knock at the door tonight, backed by a phone call, so we opened the door.  A lovely young lady who was at the event this afternoon had come with her handsome hubby to check out Chiquitita, because they had seen her brother and mama at the event.  He wanted a puppy, and she wanted the older mama dog.  I suggested they take both...  Then I made sure to show how Chiquitita like to sit inside my collar then I made sure they each got to handle this docile little puppy.  I learned long ago that if you have a really good product, put it in the customer's hands at the first opportunity and let them talk themselves into it.  That strategy paid off handsomely for me when we were selling our Eleggant Hooks (crochet hooks we had invented).  And it paid off in spades tonight as Chiquitita went to a new loving home tonight.  I definitely am teary about losing my little baby but I know she is in good hands (the young lady told me so, in English).
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start
What a shock to get this from Carlos!

Interring the poor bunnies

Bird #1

Bird #2

One of Chiquitita's brothers

This is their pretty little mother

Adorable

Food donations right at the start

Samantha was always around, another sweetheart

I just want to adopt them all now...

They need good homes

This one reminds me of my Nina
The mother needs a home too, sweet dog

The dogs enjoyed the event

 
This one was the assassin, poor thing

The tiny pups get a lot of handling

Donors got special photos taken (note gal in the middle..)

People kept coming and going

Families with dogs

Many strays

They enjoyed the attention for sure
Toddlers had fun

Some went for a sun tan

Photos with bunches of dogs

Families came to help

Even Carmen, Juan David (and Chucho) came

This little cutie had fun

Anti-bullfighting poster
Chiquitita's brothers were a hit

Animal rights sign

Cutie - patootie

Marino was everywhere today

I just love the colors of Chiquitita's Mom

A very polished young man is the leader

Another cute youngster
Kids of all ages loved the dogs

The weather cooperated

Cristina twigged me to this double rainbow

Rainbows without rain

Another little cutie

Some tuckered puppies

Orgainizing group

and with their helpers

#2

The local Animal Park volunteers

#2

Sunset over the Animal Park

Chiquitita entrancing her new parents

They will take good care of my baby