Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Wednesday February 7, 2024 Contacts

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Wednesday February 7, 2024

We did walk the dogs at 5:20am under a sliver of a moon and heavy cloud.  We did the same shorter route as yesterday and came back to a deep sleep.

The Recuva operation on Roger's external hard drive was extremely poor.  Most of what was saved was corrupt and useless after about 15 hours.  With Roger's permission, I saved what I could to my hard drive on the laptop, reformatted his hard drive then put only the good stuff back, which wasn't much.

I spent some time downloading 7 more of today's more popular movies and put copies on Roger's drive when he came to pick it up with Camila.  I also put copies of the kid's movies, Barbie, Wish and The Marvels on a memory stick he had also brought.  Later he said that Camila really enjoyed that awful Barbie movie....

We had surprise contact from friends Alex and Cecilia who lived on an acreage outside of Cuenca but have bben living in the Grand Canary Islands of Spain the last few years.  They came back and sold the acreage and now intend to move into Spain proper.  They are good friends of Ken, of Joe's Secret Garden fame and we also had contact with him.  All in all, another good day of talking to old friends.

I didn't get much of a nap today.  Cristina went out and bought ribs, potatoes and chicharon (pork rind) which she cooked super successfully in her new air fryer.  Great first try!

Then I picked Killers Of the Flower Moon to watch, not realizing until 1/2-way through that it was 3.5 hours long.  Good movie based on fact----  Trivia:  The investigation into Osage County was the first investigation presented to the newly formed Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). It was led by J. Edgar Hoover.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Hibiscus heart

Another

Paty in the bath