Friday, February 16, 2024

Friday February 16, 2024 Cards

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday February 16, 2024

Yesterday I slept in after a great sleep in a lovely soft bed in cool conditions....  I got up and did most of my chores but got sidetracked....

I got tired of trying to find a dealer for the camera I want, so I bit the bullet and ordered the camera equipment I had lined up so far. This was after a fight with CIBC to temporarily raise my credit card limit to allow me the latitude.  They would not raise it to the limit I needed, so I hung up on them after some choice words.  Much of th8is equipment may get delivered before I get home by Amazon, so I had to make a call to Alberta to make arrangements for someone to watchfor them.

The Internet and Wi-fi signal here with the Bell system varies greatly and sometimes it just plain dies out which is very frustrating when we are trying to get important stuff done.

I managed to order groceries to be delivered by Walmart a couple of hours after I  get back home next Wednesday.  

The birds around here are sporadic but is nice to see the Black-eyed Juncos and what I think are Buntings..  Still waiting on the cardinals and robins.

We play a ton of cards here, this time it is Farmer's Rummy which frustrates me to no end but it passes the time with good company.  Yvette and I played until 1am.....

This morning I was up at 9am and got up to catch up on chores, have a good coffee or two, and... ran into internet problems again.  It improved after I unplugged and re-plugged the router.

It was funny that a salesman for fiber-optic internet and TV happened to come knocking today...  He must have heard us swearing....

The birds came back as we played more cards before I treated my hosts to fish'n'chips at JJ's On The Lake (Ontario).  As always, the meal was superb and satisfies my craving for that dish.  And a wine from Lou and Yvette's cellar made the meal complete.

Then we played more cards while my wife was trying to make me remember names of friends who visted me in December (20th) 2016 after I broke my neck.  It took some digging but I finally came up with a photo and the names to satisfy her curiosity from this very Blog:


Linda, Sparky, Dot, Invalid, Cristina and Jeff...

Then Lou and I watched his PVR recording of today's opening of the Scotties Tournament Of Hearts.  The feature game was Sturmay, the rookie from Alberta, taking on Lawes from Manitoba.  It came down to the second-last shot in the 10th end for the rookies to take it...  It sure is nice to zoom past the commercials and lead stones to cut the game time in half....

Time for bed...

 I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Yvette with a new necklace

Dark-eyed Junco

Bunting?







Snow!

Love it!


Lou sharpening his claws for cards

Buntings?

Junco