Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Tuesday February 6, 2024 Door

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Tuesday February 6, 2024

I walked the dogs at 5:30am and it was wonderful and refreshing under another cloudy sky.  We took the route by the horses as usual and cut the rest short.

I had 2 more stories to complete for Storyworth, so that took a little time and thought.  I must admit that it does rake the memory for very old incidents.

I took the bicycle to the local Mr-Fix-It who has always been so reliable in the past.  He had bikes and motorbikes everywhere and begged that he couldn't even look at it until Saturday.  Cristina said she will take in sometime later to get at least air in the front tire...

I went walking outside with the Nikon because I saw a couple of hibiscus blooms and got more shots of our birds and our crazy Rio who loves the outdoors.

We had another delicious lunch of the leftover hamburger and noodles before having a nap.

Carlos came over after his normal workday to install the doorknob in the new door.  It is a good thing that I was not watching him or I probably would have sent him home....  He does not ever work with proper tools, like a keyhole or doorknob saw, he just hacks away with a hammer and whatever.  The result is in the photo below.  He will hide it it with some sort of gunk and paint later.... and that is after he makes the door fit without rubbing.....  That is what passes for workmanship here.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I watched Oppenheimer, which was long and involved and the sound was muffled by the fans, but I enjoyed it.   Then I switched to watch Barbie finally and should have shut it off after 10 minutes rather that wait until 20 minutes from the end..  What an absolute awful turkey of a movie!!!

Roger called, then dropped by, because his external hard drive had crashed and he could not access any of my movies I had given him, nor anything else.  I began to use my Piriform Recuva program to try to salvage what he had and the program had to run all night....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Hibiscus



Palomin


Gallinita


Bougainvillea and Butterfly in flight

Palomin


Crazy Rio

The pigeon hutch needs a new door

Tom Thumb




Workmanship!