Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday February 2 , 2024 Andalucia

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday February 2 , 2024

Yesterday was touch and go but the light queaziness, remained all day.  Cristina was the constant doctor, making me take pills, electrolytes, fluids, and trying to make me eat something (a piece of cake was successful).

I had tried breakfast, just eggs and watermelon.  The watermelon was OK but I could not finish the eggs.

Checkout from our room at the Oresca Hotel was noon, and we had hoped to pay extra to stay until 6pm, but the room was rented, so they agreed to secure our bags until then.  Our flight was scheduled for 7:18pm.

I had suggested a movie to kill the 6 hours so we were directed to the Bocagrande Mall with a Multiplex Theatre.  There wasn't much choice for afternoon movies, basically only The Beekeeper, in Spanish.... so we watched it.  Luckily dialogue isn't a big thing in movies of the good guy (Jason Statham) smashing up bad guys, and even good guys if they get in the way, such as the FBI and Secret Service.... Cristina loved it!


We made it back to the hotel, collected our bags and walked the 4 blocks to the airport.    I had picked a return flight home via Pereira with Avianca.  Their scanner for boarding passes was on the blink and the delay in cleaning the plane from the previous flight held us up 1/2 hour.  They also changed our seats, bumping me to a middle seat next to Cristina.  For a 90 minute flight I would have lived with it, but luckily the aisle seat was open anyway.

Pereira has a new airport, more modern and closer to their downtown than I expected.  Cristina had arranged a taxi ride with niece Ana's boyfriend German's son, Mario.  He was a much more responsible driver than his father and, for that, I was deeply grateful in my stabilizing condition.

We got home shortly after 11pm and the dogs were so very excited to see us, all clamoring for attention.  It made me smile that we are appreciated by our family of 13.  Then I just parked my stuff and headed for the bedroom.  Cristina joined me about 2am.  We got up around noon...

The good news this morning was that I have lost about 4 kg (9 lbs) and look like a bronzed God, ....... still Buddha, but a slimmer model,... lol......  The queasiness had also subsided and I could eat again.

I had a lot of catching up to do with my chores so that took almost all afternoon, and a nap was needed again.

I decided to download The Beekeeper off of Pirate Bay in English and ended up dowloading more Jason Statham favourites and a couple of others, 10 in total...

Cristina is off to thank her sister-in-law Carmen and her grandsons for looking after our babies so well in our absence.  

So, all in all, our vacation excursion was a success and we saw some good sights, stepped into the lovely Caribbean again, and met some fine people.

Sorry, no pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.