Friday, February 9, 2024

Thursday February 8, 2024 Utilities

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday February 8, 2024

The dogs and I walked at 5am.  The cloud cover was the same.

I rushed through chores and had conversations with old friends from Cuenca, Ecuador and Kentucky.

Cristina decided to spruce up the old bike of Christian's by covering it with decals.  Later she changed the handlebar grips. 

Our vet John Faber Rojas will be taking a long-awaited family vacation to Mexico, leaving a day after me, on the 15th...  He contacted us again to confirm that he would be honoured to take us to the airport on the 14th.  Since we did not manage to get out for a little photography trip this visit, I am thankful for the opportunity to spend some time with him.

Cristina continues to perfect her cooking with the new air fryer.  She says that it works best at 40 minutes to do the ribs that we had for lunch again.  Delicious every day!

The electricity went off a couple of times then went off for 2.5 hours.  Carlos came and puttied the mess around the doorknob of the new door almost in the dark as dusk fell.  When Cristina returned on the Chappy from a 2-hour trip to pick up her shoes from the shoemaker (she ran into another girlfriend) it was very dark and we hunted for candles.

When the lights finally did return, the internet didn't, much to my consternation.  Without wifi or internet, we were cut off from everyone because Cristina does not keep minutes on her phone unless she feels it is necessary...  People can call her, but she can't call them...  I do not understand her logic at all, putting herself and the pets at risk.

I made popcorn and sat down to waltch Saltburn, a film directed by Emerald Fennell and this was another one that I watched much too long before deciding enough was enough.  I cannot figure out why these films have any popularity, but are high on the list of popular downloads,

As I went to bed, there was still no internet....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Bike before decoration

Decorations begun

Done

Done

Our transportation here now

Carlos' repair

Pigeons and Saffron Finch




Gecko

Hibiscus is flowering a lot

Hibiscus bloom

Lovely flowers

Palomin

Most of our back yard

Tom Thumb

TT