Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Tuesday February 13, 2024 Readiness

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Tuesday February 13, 2024

I took my 4 dogs for what may be our last walk here at 4:45am.  Tomorrow's walk depends on bedtime, sleep, wake time, and preparedness to leave for the airport at 8:30am...

I got up again at 9am and cut my hair, etc, then showed Cristina what work I want done by Leonel in the yard because he could not come today as promised...  Lots of trees need trimming...

So chores were late today, and I bought more stuff that Cristina wants on Amazon, like bulk dog and bird feeders...  I don't mind because she has been just awesome overall, today making me a meat-lover's pizza from scratch for Valentine's.  She got an expensive hair blower/styler she wanted...

The darn water was turned off all afternoon, just returning now...  These are unexpected problems we just don't get in Canada, at least not without warning...

I waited until it was time to do the check-in with Avianca for the flights to Bogota and Toronto tomorrow.  The flights still look pretty empty, with nobody beside me in my favourire exit seat.  I opted for Luxury economy class which gave me the seat, priority boarding, and 1 free luggage plus the carry-on.  I will be easily under the weights, so I foresee no problems.  My only concern is that the luggage will automatically be put on the Bogota-Toronto flight, because the layover time is too small to be fighting with luggage a second time.

I did more checking online for the Nikon D850 camera and it is so tempting to just bite-the-bullet and order the stuff I think I need, sight-unseen...  I was hoping to be able to see the camera and try it out at Henry's Cameras in St Catherine's nearby, but they say all their stores are sold out, and their price was ridiculous anyway...  I may cave-in soon to save money...

I walked downtown to print the Check-Mig, Arrive-Can forms and the boarding passes on a laser printer.  The Inkjet printing of the QR codes are not acceptable..

So, the heat is stifling and Cristina has a friend coming over, and I have to finish packing, so I don't know if I will get to do a late visit with Gilma and maybe Victor before I go...

Vet John is picking us up in the AM and we will go to the airport, check in my bag and have a leisurely breakfast before I go through security, where I have priority, remember?

Pics are from the yard this morning...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Sawyer Beetle

Closer...

Palomin posing for Dad

Owl butterfly

NeNe

NeNe, Rio and Negrita

Paty