Sunday, February 4, 2024

Saturday February 3, 2024 Ice Cream

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Saturday February 3, 2024

I got up before 5:30am and walked my 4 stalwarts who love the walk with their Dad.  It was a 1/2 walk because they all managed to do their business and I was anxious to return to bed to sleep almost 12 hours.  

But the late walk was encroaching on sunrise and I saw heavy, unmoving cloud with a possible gap at the horizon so I dropped off Rocas, Princesa, and Buddy, and grabbed the Nikon and went to the central square with my faithful Turi.  Sadly, the sunrise did not materialize as I had hoped, with very little colour coming to all that cloud.  So, back to bed...

Then the process to catch up on chores , then do the processing of the photos from lovely Guatape which I had skipped before were important to put behind me.

We got a message from Wolf and Fabiola to come and meet them at a fancy restaurant in Campo Alegre but I had to beg off as I was still working, and we were in the process of having lunch.

Then he sent another message to meet them for ice cream, here in Andalucia at 2pm, so we could not refuse.  Wolf is a day away from riding the length of South America, alone, at 76 years old, on an ancient BMW motorcycle that would be almost impossible to repair in the event of a breakdown.  I wish him luck in this risky endeavor and secretly wish I was going along...

Wolf and Fabiola brought along a package for me to mule to Canada for a relative of Fabiola's that lives in Edmonton!  It is a tad bulky but light...

The surprise was that Wolf and Fabiola were accompanied by 3 other German bikers for this short day trip.  Berthold we know from his restaurant in Tulua, now closed while his wife Zenaida is working in Germany.  Patrick, who lives in Cartagena and Boulder, Colorado had a good command of English and a sharp mind.  Jerry lives on the Florida coast and also spoke decent English so we had some lively and funny conversations.  They enjoyed my short movies of the Cabalgata 2 weeks ago.

The ice cream shop, which I thought was expensive at first, brought us dishes that were superlative and delicious.  Patrick even ordered twice!  I had ordered strawberries and ice cream, and, I kid you not, I had a strawberry slice for every mouthful and it took over 20 minutes to eat!

In the evening, I took the memory stick of 6 of the 10 movies I had downloaded and managed to plug it directly into my dumb Hyundai TV because other connections did not want to actually connect!  So I re-watched The Beekeeper in English, then In The Name Of The King, both with Jason Statham starring....  I had forgotten that the second one had wizards and monsters, which I hate.  The first is his trademark action style.

The dogs are being very good and always coming up for their turn for attention.  I certainly don't mind.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Before the sunrise

The streetcleaners start early in the cool temps

The sunrise was almost better to the West!

No real gap at the horizon

Not what we hoped for

The potential was there...

Morning has broken..

A Kiskadee visits
Colourful flower

So pretty

Cris, Berthold, Patrick, Fabiola, Wolf

Fabi with her dish

Berthold, Patrick and Jerry