Monday, February 12, 2024

Monday February 12, 2024 Fixes

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Monday February 12, 2024

I had trouble getting to sleep even after 2 Melatonin at 10pm and 11pm, so I took the Quetiapina around 1am and finally got to sleep around 2am.  

I slept through the dog walk but I was up at 7:30am because I had so much to accomplish today.

I was able to do the Check Mig online form to leave Colombia, and the ArriveCan online form to enter Canada.  That was two big headaches out of the way.

Then I have the big suitcase pretty well packed with most of the clothes I can use in Canada.  Some I have been wanting for a long time, like my green slicker from 1992, my Elvis bathrobe from 2000, my handmade boots from Ecuador, my short boots, my good sandals, and the heavy clothes, etc.

Cris did the shopping today and got the new tire for the bicycle.  We got the popcorn and cola needed for when Roger comes to watch "Lift" tonight.  I did not want her heating the house by cooking, so we got the meat and rice meal from downtown for lunch.

I spent a lot of time researching the Nikon D850 that I have the hots for, along with lenses and accessories and that wasted a lot of time.  This is reputed to be the best camera ever made....  I am forcing myself to wait until I can actually handle one, because it is 2 lbs before adding a heavy long lens....  The resolution of the pictures must justify the switch, but I am indeed tired of all the work I need to do on every photo....

Cristina got black replacement ink and a syringe to fill the black tank on the Epson.  We got that done then spent hours reconfiguring the printer to work again and to re-clean the heads several times to get a decent print job.

Then I did a lot of configuring on her computer which has Windows 11 which I am not fond of... 

Carlos just showed up to install a wall mount for the smaller TV in our bedroom.  I hate TV's in the bedroom but I kept my mouth shut.  

So now I have to make my world-famous popcorn in anticipation of Roger's arrival in an hour....

No pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.