Friday, February 9, 2024

Friday February 9, 2024 Taxes

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday February 9, 2024

I slept through the walk time with the dogs because I did not have the best sleep with Negrita constantly in my feet, and then was up earlier than I wanted.

The good news is that the Internet was back on so I rushed through chores because Cristina  wanted to get the house taxes paid, so I made her find the tax receipt from last year, all properly in my filing system, and we went to City Hall on the main square.  There was a fair lineup but I told her that the process was quite quick if, like last year, you just show the old tax receipt, they print this year's, and you just pay with the debit card.  It was easy-peasy last year...  So she waited in line while I took Turi on a walk around the next block, then waited in the main park...  Apparently wewere not allowed to pay with the debit card this year again and had to pay at either Banco Occidental or BanColombia.  At least there were 2 choices this year and Cristina chose the former.

Then I went for another quick nap, getting up when the lentil soup was ready for lunch. Delicious and good for me...

The backyard beckoned and I took the Nikon and a chair to the middle of the yard to improve on what little tan I have.  That lasted about 10 minutes as the birds avoided me and the heat took over....  I headed onto the patio, in the shade, hoping for a visit from Tom Thumb...  That wasn't happening either, so Cristina spread some ground corn nearby to attract some birds and I soon had a few Saffron Finches munching and feeding each other.  The occasional Ruddy Ground Dove joined in, but did not pose well...

Then I went for another nap, joining Cristina but lasted only about 90 minutes.

It is 33C and I have the ever-present fan blowing on me.  I would much rather have the cold of Canada where I can put on the clothes necessary to be comfortable, even though I have the same habit of a fan always going on nearby...

Nothing planned for tonight..... so obviously it will be another movie tonight...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Cristina is in that lineup to pay the house taxes

Our central park and bandstand

Central park and the church

My best dog Turi

Second from the door now, but took forever...

I count 10 of our dogs in this shot

The hibiscus is going crazy



Kiskadee

Our back wall of bougainvillea

NeNe

Saffron Finch

Males and females

SF

Feeding the wife?

They did this several times

SF

.. and again

Hibiscus