Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Wednesday February 21, 2024 Back Home

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Wednesday February 21, 2024

Yesterday, we played cards, had lunch, then Lou and Yvette went to play with a community card group while I got ready and packed.

Around 5pm we headed to Burlington to meet niece Shari and their family to celebrate the twins 24th birthday at a pub with great food.  Niece Debbie and her daughter Meghan rounded out the group...  So many good choices for food, but I settled on nachos with beef and could not eat that monster platter by myself.

We came back and Lou and I watched curling until 11pm, knowing we would be getting up around 5:40am to get me to Pearson Airport in Mississauga.

I did not sleep well so I was pretty tired all day.  The drive to the airport only had a couple of minor slowdowns so we made really good time and I was there good and early for my 10am flight.  Security was light with only my laptop drawing scrutiny...

THANK YOU to Lou and Yvette for being such super hosts once again!!!!!!!!

I bought snacks and settled down to await boarding, then the fun began with Air Canada.  First was a gate move where we waited, and waited, for boarding instructions...  Then they decided they had a problem with the plane so they would get us another one and we would depart 2 hours later, at 12:05pm...   Grrrrrrrrrrrrr  But they gave everyone a $15 meal voucher and A+W was next door, letting us use their wi-fi, so they got my business...  Teenburger and fries, of course....

Then they moved us gates again, we finally boarded, and left around 12:40pm...  The plane was packed and uncomfortable.  I hate weiner planes...and di not get any rest.

We landed at 2:36pm, Edmonton time and it took forever to get the plane parked.  It was well after 3pm by the time the carousel spit out my old suitcase, battered, and missing my fancy name tag...   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As Brenda and I were driving away I get a call from Door dash, WTF???  I did not order anything from Door Dash,... but, of course, it was WalMart totally ignoring my instructions and delivering without calling....  I had to tell them to just dump it at my door.

Brenda took the slowest route possible so I did not getr home until 4pm to begin unpacking....  Bob came down to yack with me while I unpacked...   I kept at it and now have a handle on everything before I take a quick nap before visiting Bob to watch a bit of hockey....

WalMart had totally ignored my instructions so I got a lot of wrong stuff with bad "best before" dates, plus a lot of vegetarian stuff that should have gone to someone else!!  A call to WalMart to come and pick it up was not handled well, so Bob took that food gift home...  I am to go and have some chicken with him while we watch the Oilers...

I don't think I will last long up there, I am so totally whacked out.

I took a quick glance and unpacked the camera equipment that has arrived.  Other than charging the new batteries, I am not playing with that gear with my foggy head.

Glad to be home!  Good night everyone!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 





Shari took this good pic