Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday February 25, 2024 Familiarity

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday February 25, 2024

I slept from 10pm until 9am.  Chores were interrupted by a silly glitch on Pixels that somehow changed my upload's names....

I tested again with the new flash that came with my camera kit and I think that I have found the way to make it work.

The day was a day of unlimited sports, from curling to hockey to curling to hockey.   My new favourite curling team, Homan from Ottawa is still undefeated, although it took a miss my Jennifer Jones on the last rock to salvage the win and to go to the final.

This forced Jones  to a semi-final against the other Manitoba - Cameron team today at noon where she walked away easily after a 5-0 first end.

I had stayed up until 1am last night so I wasn't up before 10am.  I rushed through chores to watch the game above.   It finished in time for Bob and I to catch a cab to see Leo Martinez play at Blues On Whyte with guest Braden Gates.  It was nice to get back into a familiar routine.

We left in time to be back for the Homan-Jones rematch in the final at 6pm and we ordered our favourite pizza from Grandma Pizza around the corner... 

The game is just over and Homan remains undefeated and is the 2024 Scotties Champion.  Congrats!  I knew that I was backing the right team.

There is still hockey on TV and umpteen movies I can watch, but the eyelids are watching the snow falling outside like counting sheep....   zzzzzzzzz

 I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

The inimitable Leo Martinez

And goofy great musician Braden Gates

Mine is the cranberry + 7-Up

Leo

Braden

They work well together

Bob having a dance

Braden doing a solo set.