Saturday, January 28, 2023

Saturday January 28, 2023 Fishing

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday January 28, 2023

It was nice to actually see some stars as we walked by the big pig, and the 4 horses.  No moon though..?  We were an hour late walking because I hadn't gotten to bed until midnight because Cristina had gone out with her niece Ana and spent the night at German's acreage.

I then did chores quickly and my toilette before heading out with my gear to pick up Roger, Johan, Camila, his girlfriend Sandra and daughter Angelica to go fishing...  Roger only had 2 rods so I brought my 2 as well and rigged the broken one to be useable.  Mostly I was repairing tangled lines, adding bait, and taking pictures while the others fished for 3 hours.  Annoyingly, only Johan brought in one small fish all morning!  We would be in amongst schools of fish that we could see, but they were just not biting at all for us, whether we used lures or bait, or fished at different depths... All the old tricks failed us today for some odd reason. 

Two fellows came in beside us with kite line and hooks and just pitched out to settle on the bottom and were catching good-sized cachamas!!  If that didn't beat all..!! 

And Sandra's father, Jesus, who lives in Tulua came to join us.  He actually bought some fish for Sandra to take home.

On the way out, Roger bought ice creams for the others and we tried some baked sausages.  What a surprise to actually find small, long ham sausages that were the best we have ever had in South America!  I bought 6 raw sausages to take home and Cristina and I each had one for lunch.  She really liked them too!  You can bet that I will be stopping there to buy more every time I go by...

As I finish this Blog we are heading to the cemetery to apparently re-do everything at Christian's crypt.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Pileated heron

Sandra, only her second time ever fishing..

Angelica, Camila and Roger

Johan

Blue-grey tanager

Ibis

4 Ibis

Egret (white heron)

Egret and Ibis

Golden Silk Spider

Egret and Ibis

Local cat

Angelica and Johan

Egret

Egret

Neighbour caught this cachama

Buzzard overseer

Egret

Yummy ham sausage