Saturday, January 21, 2023

Friday January 20, 2023 Cabalgata

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday January 20, 2023

It was a quiet walk and it was sprinkling a bit so cut it short once the dogs had all done their business.  It rained later as we were back in bed.

Cristina went into Tulua to get her hair done.  Aunt Nativa stopped by to pester me again to bring my salad to Victor and asked if we had any oranges,...  I told her I would go over at 6pm.  So I had to go pick some oranges....

I had intended to go over in the car, but a quick look outside indicated that something was going to happen on our street with barricades everywhere and people awaiting something on the sidewalks.  I contacted Cristina to tell her I would be out, and that a party of some sort was going to happen.  She replied that there were a lot of horses, meaning that there would be a Cabalgata!  You know that I love to see those gorgeous Paso Fino horses!

So I grabbed the little roller grocery cart, loaded it up and walked on the street as the sidewalks were blocked already with onlookers....  Halfway to Nativa's, I came across the beginning of the parade with the Princesses on horseback, but luckily things are slow to develop, as usual.

I ate salad with Victor and delivered the oranges to Nativa and headed back.  The sidewalks were now completely blocked off with the crowds, so I had to again walk on the street and navigate my way through the start of the Cabalgata, amongst the riders.  I am sure most of the crowd thought I was one of the street vendors with my little cart...  I stopped on the way back to purchase some fried chicken for lunch for tomorrow.  

Once home, I grabbed a chair and a drink to sit on my sidewalk.  The neighbours had roped off their sidewalk and were hosting so many people that they asked if they could overflow 3 people onto my driveway.  I said OK and that soon became 6 guests.  But that was OK, as they provided me with a beer and some shots.

Cristina returned around 8pm and had to be led across the road by the neighbour from there as she was afraid of navigating through the horses.  I had not noticed her as I was watching the street.  I took 159 shots today and kept these 62.

I hope you enjoy the pictures (somehow out of order).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Start

 

Last year's Queen, this year's Princesses



Victor enjoying the salad

The parade heads our way from Nativa's corner

Cabalgata 1

2

3

4

5

6

7

Our neighbours

8

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

25

24

26

27

28

29

30

31

32

33

34

35

36

37

38

39

40

41

42

43

44

45

46

47

48 Mule!

49

50

51

52

53

54

55

56