Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Wednesday January 4, 2023 Cold

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday January 4, 2023

With the help of Hall's lozenges, and painkillers, I was able to go to bed early and actually get a bit of sleep.  We got out for the walk at 3:50am and, while the usual other house dogs were a pain, the rest was quiet, no traffic or people.  For some reason it seemed like we were walking in acrid smoke, probably overnight burning of sugar cane dregs.

We had the Amazon/DHL/ServiEntrega delivery today of Cristina's 2 cordless engravers.  Maybe she can make that a hobby?

I contacted Amazon because my laminating sheets are obviously lost (read stolen) in transit and had them send me another.  I still have confidence in Amazon because they truly work quickly to resolve issues.

After lunch I had another quick nap to try to control this cold, cough, scratchy throat business.  Rest does help.  Cristina has gone to the drugstore for medicine and then a visit to the cemetery.

I just watched the Czechs play the Swedes in the first semi-final of the World Junior Championships which was slow and methodical, mostly boring, with the Swedes ahead 1-0.  Then with 38 seconds to go, the Czechs wake up and press, and equalize.  Then with 49 seconds to go in overtime, the Czechs deservedly pull out the squeaker with a 2-1 win.  In an hour I will be glued to watch Canada-USA in the other semi-final..

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Princesa

Turi



Princesa


The master guardians, Turi and Rocas